Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• ncw_e_eff_oil_b1_300x300.jpg
    ncw_e_eff_oil_b1_300x300.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 321
2112 by my reckoning, confirmed by an internet calculator.

As to why, I'm not sure.
I'm attracted to palindromes but I presume you chose it as a pop culture reference.

Say ... this song ?
There is also a connection between this song (I think) and an old arcade video game called Llamatron.

My apologies to Google for wasting cycles to track this down.

Last edited:
An allusion to Rush -- which is quite appropriate for a speedy car?

2112 by my reckoning, confirmed by an internet calculator.

As to why, I'm not sure.
I'm attracted to palindromes but I presume you chose it as a pop culture reference.

Say ... this song ?

Rush didn't have any car songs on the album 2112, Moving Pictures has Red Barchetta, that's a good driving song, zoom

-Randy

Bingo. 2112 was my gateway drug to becoming a Rush fan back around 1979. Saw the "album cover" in a "record store" and checked the "liner notes" and bought it immediately without having heard a note or knowing anything about the band. (You kids can look up the words in quotes).

True that "Red Barchetta" was on another album and now I have a fast red car but I'd have to really butcher the name beyond recognition to make it fit in 7 letters.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
The three I'm going to try for are:

F-OPEC
FUOPEC
FOPEC (then put the dash with some electrical tape)

I ran NOPEC on the Leaf for a few years.

If your DMV wants to know the meaning of your plate, like mine does, say you bought your wife’s wedding ring from fopec.com and this is her car. That site was setup by someone for justification for their license plate. Referenced here on TMC many years back in the Model S license plate thread. I get a chuckle out of the “came to America with only 3 dollars to his name” line in the about us page.

I ran NOPEC on the Leaf for a few years.

If your DMV wants to know the meaning of your plate, like mine does, say you bought your wife’s wedding ring from fopec.com and this is her car. That site was setup by someone for justification for their license plate. Referenced here on TMC many years back in the Model S license plate thread. I get a chuckle out of the “came to America with only 3 dollars to his name” line in the about us page.

That is good to know as I will definitely be going for that.

• Love
Reactions: Jaywlker and CWFLY