Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats the joke. You can bascially beat a v12 of a line (stop light speedlimit of course)

Again, probably I’m the only one finding humor in it lol

I think the reason this does not work for me is that when you label your Tesla "V12" you're insulting your car by suggesting that it's only as quick as a V12. You're also implying filthy exhaust.

Reactions: one true morty
I’m somewhat amazed how many good ones are available in CA

There are two checks to pass before payment. If you can get past the configuration screen there's a secondary pass when you add it to your cart and try to pay that it may fail. I ran into this a lot. For some reason the checks they have at payment aren't built into the configurator. For example if you try and make a plate of all numbers, it might make it through the first pass but will fail at the 2nd pass since all numbers are reserved for government plates.

A lot of variants of 1.21 gigawatts will pass the first check but wont let you pay for it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sherlo
There are two checks to pass before payment. If you can get past the configuration screen there's a secondary pass when you add it to your cart and try to pay that it may fail. I ran into this a lot. For some reason the checks they have at payment aren't built into the configurator. For example if you try and make a plate of all numbers, it might make it through the first pass but will fail at the 2nd pass since all numbers are reserved for government plates.

A lot of variants of 1.21 gigawatts will pass the first check but wont let you pay for it.

Good to know, thanks.

Now I want to move to Nebraska so I can have a mountain lion preservation license plate! Do you donate to them to get it?

It’s a popular option since it’s only $5 for the non-personalized version - not necessarily because Nebraskans want to support the conservation efforts, but more so because there was an uproar about the colors of the standard plates - they are the official state colors, however they also happen to be the school colors of a rival football team and most Nebraskans bleed Husker Red.

License Plates | Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles

Reactions: one true morty
It’s a popular option since it’s only $5 for the non-personalized version - not necessarily because Nebraskans want to support the conservation efforts, but more so because there was an uproar about the colors of the standard plates - they are the official state colors, however they also happen to be the school colors of a rival football team and most Nebraskans bleed Husker Red.

License Plates | Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
That is pretty funny (and expected, it is 'Murica after all...). I am glad that the cats are getting support through the insanity that is organized sports mania!

Reactions: bandwagon
Pretty happy with this one.

Attachments

• F9787D4A-90B6-4049-82D9-CB3C571A2560.jpeg
    F9787D4A-90B6-4049-82D9-CB3C571A2560.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 156
Is this supposed to mean that because there's a tiny bit of lubrication oil in them, they're just as bad as cars that constantly spew out carbon dioxide and filth any time they're driving? That if you cannot completely eliminate all oil you might as well drive a car that burns as much gasoline as you possibly can?

The oil in an EV is a small amount of lubrication that might have to be changed once every five or ten years, if ever, compared to the half to three-quarters of a gallon of motor oil every 5,000 miles in a gas car, in addition to all the gasoline they burn.

It means that there's a comical inaccuracy in the "purist" who doesn't realize he/she's still having a pipe dream.

It means that there's a comical inaccuracy in the "purist" who doesn't realize he/she's still having a pipe dream.

I am quite certain that there is nobody on the entire face of the Earth who imagines that there is no fossil fuel energy or petroleum product connected to an electric car. Such a "purist" as suggested in your post does not exist. Even if some people reach a bit in the search for license plate ideas.

Nothing is perfect. And the perfect is often the enemy of the good. Pointing out the error of the fictional "purist" suggests that if we cannot eliminate 100% of the petroleum involved with electric cars, we might as well stick with stinkers.

My car has a small amount of petroleum lubricant, some of which must be changed every few years, and fossil energy was used in its manufacture. But unlike stinkers, which require gasoline or diesel oil to run, my car can be run on renewable energy, and even if it is charged from the grid, it uses less energy than any stinker due to the higher efficiency of commercial power plants.

It is not a "pipe dream" to cut the carbon emissions of your car to a fraction of what they were when you drove a stinker. Not to mention eliminating the stink.

It might be a pipe dream to think that we can convert transportation to 100% renewable energy before the muscle-car generation has died off. The ones who think that the louder their car is, the bigger people will think their weenie is.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777