Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190525_203159.jpg

I went through a few options but liked this one the best. I tried for U GASSY but the CA DMV rejected it for "making fun of others".

Last edited:
you guys do realize you still get your electricity out of the coal factory etc? o_O

Don't remember if I already replied to this. When I bought my first BEV, and for about a decade, up until I moved here, my electricity came from hydro. Zero carbon. Since my Tesla arrived here my electricity comes mostly from diesel (not coal) and a little bit from wind. I can see the wind chargers from my window. In about a month my solar panels and Powerwalls will be installed and operating and my electricity will be coming from the sun. Zero carbon again.

The thing is, a gasoline car has to burn gasoline. A BEV has the choice to use grid power (whatever your grid produces) or in some areas can choose to pay more for sustainable energy, OR can charge from your own solar panels if you have them or choose to get them. A BEV can use clean energy or dirty energy. A gasoline or diesel car HAS to use dirty energy.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Any old World of Warcraft players out there?

AFK BRB was already taken (first choice) as well as EPIC MNT. This worked out with the "3" though. ;)

Long time player here, but I'm afraid to admit I didn't get it until I read your explanation. I've seen 3 used as an E before, but for some reason my brain couldn't put it together after 10-15 seconds. Maybe it's me. I feel like I'm pretty poor at deciphering vanity plates sometime

Long time player here, but I'm afraid to admit I didn't get it until I read your explanation. I've seen 3 used as an E before, but for some reason my brain couldn't put it together after 10-15 seconds. Maybe it's me. I feel like I'm pretty poor at deciphering vanity plates sometime

Yeah, I guess with the backwards E it gets a little obtuse, especially for non-gamers. Im just hoping someday there will be someone behind me who will get a laugh out of it.

Hey, you're in Albany - not far away - im just 30 minutes north.

I need to find the guy who drives the black Tesla with the license plate "S1LENT" in this area. You wouldnt happen to be them by any chance? I have a funny story...

Reactions: jjfash
Yeah, I guess with the backwards E it gets a little obtuse, especially for non-gamers. Im just hoping someday there will be someone behind me who will get a laugh out of it.

Hey, you're in Albany - not far away - im just 30 minutes north.

I need to find the guy who drives the black Tesla with the license plate "S1LENT" in this area. You wouldnt happen to be them by any chance? I have a funny story...

Oh wow, I didn't notice your location when I commented before, yes that is very close! I work on Wolf rd. and see a few M3s from time to time. Haven't seen S1LENT yet though.

So I'm driving home late one evening in my brand new Model 3, its dark out, no other cars out on the road, and this other car comes up behind me very fast. They flash their lights at me and swerve/wiggle a little back and forth...or something...not sure I remember but they kinda annoyed me somehow. Anyway, I eventually get up to a stop light and come to a stop. The guy behind me pulls up next to me, and we are both sitting at the light. Waiting.

I decide I am going to show off a bit, and when the light turns green I'm gonna gun it and leave this annoying guy in the dust. After all, not another car in sight.

The light turns green and I punch it, expecting to leave them in my rearview mirror. To my astonishment however, he is keeping perfectly in line with me, and we quickly hit speeds well beyond the speed limit. I am flabbergasted. How is this guy keeping up with me? I push the pedal the rest of the way down, but he is still right alongside me, and we are both flying. Up ahead, our two-lanes of roadway are quickly merging into one and I decide this isnt worth it and slow down to let them pull ahead so we dont get in a wreck.

As the car passes me....I see it is also a Tesla, with the license plate "S1LENT". I burst out laughing. He punked me.

Last edited:
So I'm driving home late one evening in my brand new Model 3, its dark out, no other cars out on the road, and this other car comes up behind me very fast. They flash their lights at me and swerve/wiggle a little back and forth...or something...not sure I remember but they kinda annoyed me somehow. Anyway, I eventually get up to a stop light and come to a stop. The guy behind me pulls up next to me, and we are both sitting at the light. Waiting.

I decide I am going to show off a bit, and when the light turns green I'm gonna gun it and leave this annoying guy in the dust. After all, not another car in sight.

The light turns green and I punch it, expecting to leave them in my rearview mirror. To my astonishment however, he is keeping perfectly in line with me, and we quickly hit speeds well beyond the speed limit. I am flabbergasted. How is this guy keeping up with me? I push the pedal the rest of the way down, but he is still right alongside me, and we are both flying. Up ahead, our two-lanes of roadway are quickly merging into one and I decide this isnt worth it and slow down to let them pull ahead so we dont get in a wreck.

As the car passes me....I see it is also a Tesla, with the license plate "S1LENT". I burst out laughing. He punked me.

Hahaha sounds like something I would do. I just wouldn't be able to keep up with you in my SR+.
- Guy with no vanity plate

• Funny
Reactions: Wahbash
... I feel like I'm pretty poor at deciphering vanity plates sometime

Same here. I almost never get them. Most of the ones posted in this thread just simply baffle me, even though I know that most of them are basically bragging about not burning gas. But just including "gas" in them, makes it seem as though they like something about gas, since I cannot figure out what the rest of it is supposed to mean. And most people will see your plate for about one second, and the only part that sticks will be the one part they understand: "gas."

Here in HI the state issues special plates (no extra fee) for electric cars. That's good enough for me without getting a vanity plate.

Reactions: Wahbash
Same here. I almost never get them. Most of the ones posted in this thread just simply baffle me, even though I know that most of them are basically bragging about not burning gas. But just including "gas" in them, makes it seem as though they like something about gas, since I cannot figure out what the rest of it is supposed to mean. And most people will see your plate for about one second, and the only part that sticks will be the one part they understand: "gas."

Here in HI the state issues special plates (no extra fee) for electric cars. That's good enough for me without getting a vanity plate.
0XTRFEE

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J

Yep. That one completely baffles me.

Oh, I get it now. "Zero extra fee," meaning that because I have an electric car I don't pay extra to have an EV license plate. Except that having an EV doesn't get me a free personalized plate. I just don't pay to have a plate that says "Electric vehicle" on it. And I get a very short license number, actually 3 digits and one letter. If I got 0XTRFEE on my plate, I'd have to pay for that, and the plate would then be a lie. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: TQCLove
My mother was a big fan of George Bernard Shaw. She got a personalized plate that said GB SHAW. The result was that people who didn't know her kept calling her Mrs. Shaw, assuming it was her own name on the plate.
I had considered getting CMADEA as my Model 3 vanity plate, but I didn't want people to mistakenly refer to me as Mr. Madea. :)

BTW, the last time I checked, it was still available for the taking.

Last edited: