Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Off-Grid Not Working; Powerwalls Turning Off During Peak Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When attempting to use the app to "Go Off-Grid", the app returns the following error:

Screenshot_20220205-233126.png

We have three Powerwalls, and our house consumption is generally between about 0.7-2.5 kWh. The screenshot here shows 0.8 kW. We don't have any AC units. The Powerwalls should have way more than enough power to turn on. I can log into the gateway when I get home and successfully turn on "Go Off-Grid".

The gateway is hardwired to our ethernet, so it shouldn't be a communication problem.

The reason we are turning on Go Off-Grid is because the Powerwalls are not staying on during peak-time. The Powerwalls were running fine for about 9 months (during non-peak we were using grid; and during peak the house was powered by the batteries and all solar was being sold back to the grid) until about 4 weeks ago when we came out of Storm Watch. The basic behavior now is that we hit peak-time at 4 p.m. when there is still some sun and the Powerwalls go on (during this time I have been able to activate "Go Off-Grid" from the app). But, the Powerwalls usually shut off around 4:30 and we start pulling from the grid again. At this time, the "Go Off-Grid" error shows up again consistently from the app, but I can still log in directly to activate (albeit the house flickers and refrigerators, etc. shut off).

No clue what is going on.

I've called Tesla twice about this - they tell us "Tier 2" will look at it and resolve in 10-14 days; the time passes, Tesla closes the ticket with no response from Tesla, and the same behavior continues.

Just curious if anyone else is having this problem and, if so, do you have a solution?