Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GOE3 plans charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arizona Company Plans Coast-to-Coast Fast Charging Network: #evworld
GoE3_evmobilecharger.jpg

Goe3 Unveils Beginning Of Cross Country Network Of Electric Charging Stations - Companies Execs - Portfolio.com
Although the {goE3} chief executive owns a Tesla roadster and has ordered both a Tesla X and S model, he says his charging stations aren’t particular.

“I don’t want to pick sides,” he said. “I want to be platform agnostic.” He says that the only plug-in and hybrid vehicles currently capable of long-range highway travel are the Chevy Volt and Tesla Motors. His stations will serve both.

Brimacombe's mission is to build 500 platform-agnostic Eaton electric pumps across the United States, and he'll spend $35,000 a pump to do so. Businesses that grant his company permission to build on their property receive a $3 cut for every charge—which on average is expected to cost a total of about $12.50—and gain access to a customer for the 10 to 45 minutes Brimacombe says it takes to get a full charge.

Bruce was getting a demo of the Roadster about a year ago while I was attending a small brunch gathering of Tesla owners in Phoenix. He asked me about my roadster and I gave him the usual 5 minute Tesla/solar talk. He told me recently at a High School science fair that my talk with him convienced him to buy his Roadster. Starting GoE3 was his own idea, I'm not that bright. Wish him the best with this venture. At least we can be sure he understands the needs of the Tesla community.

Goe3 Partners with Cave Creek Entertainment for Production of "Building the Electric Highway" | PRLog
Goe3 Partners with Cave Creek Entertainment for Production of "Building the Electric Highway"
Arizona-based Company Seeks Community Support of Project Through 30-Day Plan with Major Film Funding Platform KickStarter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GOe3.comPRLog (Press Release) - May 04, 2012 -
Mesa, AZ – [May 4, 2012] – GOe3, a new company that is spearheading a national campaign promoting electric vehicles and energy independence has recently teamed up with Cave Creek Entertainment (CCE) for the filming and production of a first-of-its-kind documentary, "Building the Electric Highway." The film will show GOe3 Founder Bruce Brimacombe’s mission of linking New York City and Los Angeles for drivers of electric vehicles, by creating a network of electric car charging stations that spans across the entire United States.

This past month, on Earth Day, GOe3 unveiled plans for the first 50 of a total 500 charging stations, making for a landmark event in the long-range electric car market. These fully-functional Level 2 and Level 3, 70 Amp or higher stations, to be systematically placed along all major interstate highways will turn the dream of cross-country electric vehicle travel into reality.

In hopes of gathering recognition and support of the electric highway building endeavors, GOe3 has joined forces with local filmmaker Gary Purviance of Cave Creek Entertainment (CCE). Purviance submitted a preview and description of the project on the world’s largest funding platform, KickStarter, last week on April 27.

The "Building the Electric Highway" project, with an ultimate goal of $100,000, is now open to the community for viewing, sharing and endorsements both big and small. GOe3 and Purviance have less than one month to hit the six-figure target, with a final funding deadline of Sunday, May 27th.

Donations from backers will be held but not processed until the grand total hits $100,000. Should the goal be reached, KickStarter will fully fund the Mesa-based company’s project. Benefits received for becoming a backer range from the name of the donor listed on GOe3.com’s Supporters page for $1, to a DVD, poster, t-shirt, credit as a film Associate Producer and more for $1,000.

To view the "Building the Electric Highway" project page on KickStarter and/or become a backer, please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139752090/building-the-electric-highway?ref=live....

Company Information:
Jezlin Media, LLC (GOe3.com) is an economic change engine that endeavors to change popular perceptions about renewable energy through actions that lead to a sustainable future. The core objective of Jezlin Media, LLC is to launch GOe3: Campaign for Energy Independence, which will serve as a conduit to achieve its mission. This will be by way of a unique business concept that combines multi-media targeting B to B, B to C, and C to C audiences and the installation of the country's first coast-to-coast Electric Vehicle charging network. This awareness objective will be kicked off with a National EV Road Rally, which will be filmed and made ready for a new reality TV show. For more information visit Home Page

Photo:
http://www.prlog.org/11866946/1

--- end ---

GoE3's CEO owns a Roadster (at least the company does) and he's committed to putting 70 amp level II sources along side their Level III DC stations. This is what we roadster owners would like TM to do with their Supercharger sites. It will certainly make the roadster a much more usable vehicle for traveling. And providing these stations along I-8 and I-10 will get us access to the much better west coast charging infrastructure. It seems these kinds of buildouts are progressing very slowly, but really it's probably a bit ahead of the electric vehicle population.

GoE3's CEO owns a Roadster (at least the company does) and he's committed to putting 70 amp level II sources along side their Level III DC stations. This is what we roadster owners would like TM to do with their Supercharger sites. It will certainly make the roadster a much more usable vehicle for traveling. And providing these stations along I-8 and I-10 will get us access to the much better west coast charging infrastructure. It seems these kinds of buildouts are progressing very slowly, but really it's probably a bit ahead of the electric vehicle population.

I'm having trouble finding current information on what connector GOe3 uses for it's level 2 charger. As you may be aware, the Model S only comes with a 14-50 and a J1772 adapter, but not a Roadster adapter. And can't find any information about where the currently operating sites are, other than a press release announcing one at Picacho. I saw a reference to Route 66 being involved. Are there any sites up and running along 66?

Wish I had more info about GoE3's plan/schedule, but I do not. Their web site isn't very revealing either as to the design of their stations. GoE3 is fairly active in the Phoenix area EV meetings and my conversations with the CEO were from a year ago at least. I believe most of the activity has been concentrated in the Phoenix - Tucson corridor to this point.