TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GOE3 plans charging network

Discussion in 'North America' started by Thumper, Mar 28, 2012.

1. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

Talked to one of the officers in this company (also a Roadster owner) who said that their Level III chargers also will have 220v/50a connections for Roadster charging. We didn't discuss the connectors, but I'm assuming hookups like at RV camps.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That's smart. Wish all fast chargers did this as well.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

"GoE3 will charge a hefty $12.50 for a full charge at Level 3 machines"
    ExxonMobil is charging me a hefty $60 for a full charge at their gas pumps....GoE3 sounds like a bargain to me!

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Doc Brown gained some weight.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#8 TEG, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  6. Robert.Boston

Do we know what Level 3 charging interface GOe3 is planning to deploy?

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

CHAdeMO, I assume.

We should know more soon:
    http://www.b2science.org/sites/b2science.org/files/EarthdayFlyer.pdf

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Goe3 Unveils Beginning Of Cross Country Network Of Electric Charging Stations - Companies Execs - Portfolio.com

10. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

Bruce was getting a demo of the Roadster about a year ago while I was attending a small brunch gathering of Tesla owners in Phoenix. He asked me about my roadster and I gave him the usual 5 minute Tesla/solar talk. He told me recently at a High School science fair that my talk with him convienced him to buy his Roadster. Starting GoE3 was his own idea, I'm not that bright. Wish him the best with this venture. At least we can be sure he understands the needs of the Tesla community.

11. Robert.Boston

Interesting that the $12.50 per QC aligns well with the $10-$15 range proposed by NRG Energy in the California settlement.

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Keep thinking we need a thread that features "Roadsters as billboards". I imagine the S will sport a lot of logos and graphics. EU also seems to do this more than the US.

13. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Goe3 Partners with Cave Creek Entertainment for Production of "Building the Electric Highway" | PRLog

14. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

GoE3's CEO owns a Roadster (at least the company does) and he's committed to putting 70 amp level II sources along side their Level III DC stations. This is what we roadster owners would like TM to do with their Supercharger sites. It will certainly make the roadster a much more usable vehicle for traveling. And providing these stations along I-8 and I-10 will get us access to the much better west coast charging infrastructure. It seems these kinds of buildouts are progressing very slowly, but really it's probably a bit ahead of the electric vehicle population.

15. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm having trouble finding current information on what connector GOe3 uses for it's level 2 charger. As you may be aware, the Model S only comes with a 14-50 and a J1772 adapter, but not a Roadster adapter. And can't find any information about where the currently operating sites are, other than a press release announcing one at Picacho. I saw a reference to Route 66 being involved. Are there any sites up and running along 66?

16. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

Wish I had more info about GoE3's plan/schedule, but I do not. Their web site isn't very revealing either as to the design of their stations. GoE3 is fairly active in the Phoenix area EV meetings and my conversations with the CEO were from a year ago at least. I believe most of the activity has been concentrated in the Phoenix - Tucson corridor to this point.