Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GoFundMe to Dyno the AWD (non-Performance)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that no one has Dyno'd a Model 3 AWD

In another thread, a member has started a GoFundMe to Dyno his Model 3 AWD. He will share the results:

I'm happy to have my M3D dyno'd and share the results with all here. I can setup a go fund me. think the dyno runs in my area are about $100 for 3 runs. Let me know the interest and i'll do it!

Edit: setup go fundme: local shop said they can do it ASAP and interested to see results as well!
Click here to support Tesla organized by Scott Francis

I decided to create another thread for more visibility.

I have put on money into the fund. Hopefully, more people are willing to put in few bucks to get this done.

The problem is finding a dyno that works for an AWD with dual motors.

That is interesting. I did not know that a special Dyno is needed for dual motor. That would make sense, since you need to test on both the front and rear wheels/motor at the same time. But there must be some Dyno out there that can test AWD.

If this is true, this may explain why no one has Dyno'd AWD or the performance Model 3

That is interesting. I did not know that a special Dyno is needed for dual motor. That would make sense, since you need to test on both the front and rear wheels/motor at the same time. But there must be some Dyno out there that can test AWD.

If this is true, this may explain why no one has Dyno'd AWD or the performance Model 3
AWD dynos are somewhat rare, but you can find them. What we need is a linked AWD dyno which are apparently very rare. I couldn't find one anywhere in the KC area and others have had similar luck.

So I see there are some haters, good news, you don’t have to donate. But as others have said just looking to pool our money for collective curiosity.

I found a linked awd dyno in my area and have an apt for next wed around 5pm est. Anyone in the Richmond VA area is welcome to come watch in person, just dm me for info. I plan to upload results shortly afterwards.

And some more good news! I was able to get the shop to throw in the air/fuel ratio monitoring for free!

Now for the tough question - what state of charge to start at? I was thinking 70% but open to discussions.

So I see there are some haters, good news, you don’t have to donate. But as others have said just looking to pool our money for collective curiosity.

I found a linked awd dyno in my area and have an apt for next wed around 5pm est. Anyone in the Richmond VA area is welcome to come watch in person, just dm me for info. I plan to upload results shortly afterwards.

And some more good news! I was able to get the shop to throw in the air/fuel ratio monitoring for free!

Now for the tough question - what state of charge to start at? I was thinking 70% but open to discussions.

Air fuel monitoring for free. That's a good deal.

You should also make sure he includes the altitude correction factor too!