Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going around in circles with Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after having a conversation with Tesla, they’ve told us that our car was booked on to GLOVIS CAPTAIN but was then left off the ship and de-allocated. Now sat in California awaiting a boat, arriving in late April/May supposedly. So after following GLOVIS CAPTAIN, I am now left not knowing what or who to follow and what to believe! Gutted is an understatement.

We have had a VIN for nearly a month, and now it’s a waiting game all over again.

Hoping nobody else awaiting a GLOVIS CAPTAIN delivery has this issue! It sounds as if it was overbooked.

Last edited:
So after having a conversation with Tesla, they’ve told us that our car was booked on to GLOVIS CAPTAIN but was then left off the ship and de-allocated. Now sat in California awaiting a boat, arriving in late April/May supposedly. So after following GLOVIS CAPTAIN, I am now left not knowing what or who to follow and what to believe! Gutted is an understatement. We have had a VIN for nearly a month, and now it’s a waiting game all over again.

I wouldn't take the VIN allocations too seriously until you have a confirmed delivery date.

So after having a conversation with Tesla, they’ve told us that our car was booked on to GLOVIS CAPTAIN but was then left off the ship and de-allocated. Now sat in California awaiting a boat, arriving in late April/May supposedly. So after following GLOVIS CAPTAIN, I am now left not knowing what or who to follow and what to believe! Gutted is an understatement. We have had a VIN for nearly a month, and now it’s a waiting game all over again.

If that is the case, it's pretty piss poor communication, but also like you said you have been told it's on GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
Just take a break for the weekend from following this forum and start a afresh on Monday, hopefully with better news.

Reactions: HIWEX and Harv3y
If that is the case, it's pretty piss poor communication, but also like you said you have been told it's on GLOVIS CAPTAIN.
Just take a break for the weekend from following this forum and start a afresh on Monday, hopefully with better news.
Yes it’s shocking communication! Not expecting better news for a while unfortunately, but at least I can stalk some ships and not get my hopes up of our car being on there!

Reactions: 94jdh
I’ve been told mine is on the CAPTAIN, and I’ve then been told I have been booked in for a collection over the phone on March 26th.

On the order, they only have the lease company details. I’ve not had any correspondence from Tesla. I’m expecting a similar situation to yourself to be honest.

I’ve been told mine is on the CAPTAIN, and I’ve then been told I have been booked in for a collection over the phone on March 26th.

On the order, they only have the lease company details. I’ve not had any correspondence from Tesla. I’m expecting a similar situation to yourself to be honest.
They’re not very good with communication unfortunately! Good luck and hopefully it works out for you.

So after having a conversation with Tesla, they’ve told us that our car was booked on to GLOVIS CAPTAIN but was then left off the ship and de-allocated. Now sat in California awaiting a boat, arriving in late April/May supposedly. So after following GLOVIS CAPTAIN, I am now left not knowing what or who to follow and what to believe! Gutted is an understatement.

We have had a VIN for nearly a month, and now it’s a waiting game all over again.

Hoping nobody else awaiting a GLOVIS CAPTAIN delivery has this issue! It sounds as if it was overbooked.

Maybe they will reallocate you a different VIN?? Here's hoping

Reactions: HIWEX
Hmmm. Something not right here.
Don't give up hope.
There are always quite a few cancellations as soon as delivery is notified and so all is not lost.
Personally I would call in to a showroom and have a face to face with a Tesla bod to try and get to the bottom of what has happened and try to ensure that if it's true that my name is top of the list for a VIN reallocation.
Otherwise, you will be waiting until June, at the earliest.

Hmmm. Something not right here.
Don't give up hope.
There are always quite a few cancellations as soon as delivery is notified and so all is not lost.
Personally I would call in to a showroom and have a face to face with a Tesla bod to try and get to the bottom of what has happened and try to ensure that if it's true that my name is top of the list for a VIN reallocation.
Otherwise, you will be waiting until June, at the earliest.
Yes good plan, we’ll look in to doing that soon!