Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going down for maintenance this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, on the old site they both had separate direct URLs, so I had each on my favorites bar so I was only a single click away from the most current results for what I wanted.
I used to do something similar. My main bookmark was to Watched Threads which only showed me new posts in watched threads. Once I would get caught up there, I would use the link for What's New.

Today, I updated my bookmark to teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/whats-new/posts and use the filter to only see new, watched threads. I can't push F5 anymore since the link redirects to a specific post number so I just keep clicking on the What's New link. That eliminates the need for TamperMonkey as it only shows me threads with new, unread messages. Once I get caught up, I click on the filter to remove "Show only: Watched threads". It's not perfect but I think I'm seeing what I want to see. The next time I click What's New, the filter is back and I can get caught up on those messages again.
1616514832827.png

1616514850265.png

Last edited:
@danny the biggest problem left now, that I know of, is that if you post a reply in a thread it takes you to that reply, i.e. the last page in the thread, and marks the whole thing as read even if you had pages of unread posts to go.

Psst, if you have pages of unread in a thread, you shouldn't be posting a reply. I know I'm probably in the minority with that view, but years of watching folks in the investor threads post outdated/repeat things over and over and over without catching up first has had an impact on my sentiments on this.

I get that. But even if I am at the end of the posts in a thread, while I am writing and editing my post there can be enough additional posts come in to add a page or more. And when I click post it jumps me to the end. Which causes me to miss posts.

@danny Any chance something can be done here, so that when you post something it doesn't redirect you to your post? (It used to just show your post on the page you were on, possibly with a little notice that additional posts have come in, which you could click on to see those posts.)

One thing I've noticed: individual alerts are now generated for each reaction to a post. In the old system, similar reactions were grouped together into one alert.

Eg now, if I post something and it gets 14 likes, 7 informatives, and 2 quotes, I get 23 alerts. In the past, I'd get 1 or 2 for all the reactions since I last checked my alerts, and then the quotes would be separate alerts. This made it much easier to follow up. The new system just overwhelms, especially if I've made multiple posts since checking in.

Obviously this is a first-world problem ancillary to the core functions of the site, but are there any plans to change this to something more consolidated?

Is there a way to get a listing of just "New Threads"? That's it. Not "New threads in watched forums" (I don't want to 'watch' every forum) and not "Unread Threads" (includes old threads with new posts). This option was available on the previous forum version.

When I'm done catching up with "Unread watched threads", I'd like to see "new threads" -- and I mean really new, not just new posts in old threads. RIght now, the best I can do is "Unread Threads" which is close, but shows lots of old threads I'm not interested in.

Thank you.

1621770753549.png

Reactions: Krash
Is there a way to get a listing of just "New Threads"? That's it. Not "New threads in watched forums" (I don't want to 'watch' every forum) and not "Unread Threads" (includes old threads with new posts). This option was available on the previous forum version.

When I'm done catching up with "Unread watched threads", I'd like to see "new threads" -- and I mean really new, not just new posts in old threads. RIght now, the best I can do is "Unread Threads" which is close, but shows lots of old threads I'm not interested in.

Thank you.

View attachment 665226
Yeah, we have a solution for this, it has just not been top priority in terms of implementing. We will discuss internally.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight