Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going for my first test drive Saturday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

First time poster.

I scheduled a test drive of a M3 LR AWD on Saturday. Taking my 17 and 19 year old boys. They are really excited. They have never wanted to go see a car with me before but this is different.

I already know I'm going to buy one. But I also know with the potential store closings this might be my last chance for a test before then.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'll have many stupid questions in the future!

Hi All!

First time poster.

I scheduled a test drive of a M3 LR AWD on Saturday. Taking my 17 and 19 year old boys. They are really excited. They have never wanted to go see a car with me before but this is different.

I already know I'm going to buy one. But I also know with the potential store closings this might be my last chance for a test before then.

Enjoy! Also, if that test drive car matches what you want, see if you can get it for a discount.

First EV? That's cool that your kids are wanting to go along. I'm only seeing one store/gallery in MN near Minneapolis. Kind of doubt it will be one of the locations that will be closing since they also have a service center there but smart to go for a test drive now. I have the same model you are looking to purchase and thoroughly enjoy driving it. Love the new dashcam features we recently got OTA. The boys might be too old to enjoy the easter eggs (doubtful!), but have the rep show you those as well. I think they are a fun little thing that I'm sure other manufacturers will start incorporating as well and try to copy.

Do you have a favorite color in mind already? Let us know how the ride goes.

First EV? That's cool that your kids are wanting to go along. I'm only seeing one store/gallery in MN near Minneapolis. Kind of doubt it will be one of the locations that will be closing since they also have a service center there but smart to go for a test drive now. I have the same model you are looking to purchase and thoroughly enjoy driving it. Love the new dashcam features we recently got OTA. The boys might be too old to enjoy the easter eggs (doubtful!), but have the rep show you those as well. I think they are a fun little thing that I'm sure other manufacturers will start incorporating as well and try to copy.

Do you have a favorite color in mind already? Let us know how the ride goes.

I really like the blue but I want to see it in person first.

I'm hoping you are right about the store. I thought the same. This is a fairly large metro area and you would think they would want SOME presence here. We also have only 1 super charger currently and it's quite a long way from me but I plan to be charging at home almost exclusively so no biggie.

I'm hoping you are right about the store. I thought the same. This is a fairly large metro area and you would think they would want SOME presence here. We also have only 1 super charger currently and it's quite a long way from me but I plan to be charging at home almost exclusively so no biggie.

We have one of the best SC's in the country here Minneapolis. Bring your checkbook for sure - you are going to love it :) Also checkout the Minnesota Tesla Club on Facebook - Great group of folks on their as well to field any questions with monthly get togethers as well if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Have fun!

Hi All!

First time poster.

Maybe just buy 3 of them

Yup, home charging is where it’s at. SCs are for traveling.

You should plan to install a 240v outlet in your garage if you don’t have one.

If having a 2019 build car is important to you, have them match you with one while you're at the store/service center. If you configure online after the test drive, and there is ample 2018 inventory nearby, the system will likely try to match you to a 2018.

Enjoy the test drive. It's what sold me on my Model 3.

If having a 2019 build car is important to you, have them match you with one while you're at the store/service center. If you configure online after the test drive, and there is ample 2018 inventory nearby, the system will likely try to match you to a 2018.

Enjoy the test drive. It's what sold me on my Model 3.

Thank you! I did not realize that. That's a very important point.

Reactions: fajitamondays
Wouldn’t you like 1000 free supercharging miles to with it? Well you’re in luck since the referral program Is back as of today. Once you get your car you will have your very own code in your Tesla app to share /annoy people with..buwahaha

Here’s mine
You can use my referral code to get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging on a new Tesla:
Six Months of Free Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

• Funny
Reactions: Runnergirl
So I went for my test drive (LR AWD). And I could go on and on about the autopilot and how good the car looks in person and the handling and the stereo and the regenerative braking and yada, yada, yada. But...

When I got to the entrance ramp and the Tesla Rep told me to punch it. OMFG! I have NEVER experienced anything like that in a car. And I've owned some fast cars over the years. I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach like I had just gone over the top of the hill on a roller coaster. Wow. Electric car speed is not like gas car speed. It's a whole different experience.

Did a test drive in San Antonio about 3 weeks ago while on vacation, an AWD Model 3. Two days later I purchased one. Just picked her up yesterday in Houston. Best car I have ever driven. So nice... One thing I think I would change would be to get the RWD instead of the AWD. AWD is not really needed in Texas but liked the idea of 2 motors and a little faster but not sure it was worth the additional 4k.

Took my 10 year old son. He loved it and said I need to buy one. I happily complied.

So I went for my test drive (LR AWD). And I could go on and on about the autopilot and how good the car looks in person and the handling and the stereo and the regenerative braking and yada, yada, yada. But...

When I got to the entrance ramp and the Tesla Rep told me to punch it. OMFG! I have NEVER experienced anything like that in a car. And I've owned some fast cars over the years. I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach like I had just gone over the top of the hill on a roller coaster. Wow. Electric car speed is not like gas car speed. It's a whole different experience.

Haha:D

And, did you order one?

Did a test drive in San Antonio about 3 weeks ago while on vacation, an AWD Model 3. Two days later I purchased one. Just picked her up yesterday in Houston. Best car I have ever driven. So nice... One thing I think I would change would be to get the RWD instead of the AWD. AWD is not really needed in Texas but liked the idea of 2 motors and a little faster but not sure it was worth the additional 4k.

Took my 10 year old son. He loved it and said I need to buy one. I happily complied.

And that was on the AWD LR, not the P3D. :D