Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from 19" to 20" Aftermarket wheels - Range impact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. We just took delivery of our MY a week ago. Love it so much!

We had ordered with the Gemini wheels and although we had changed our mind a month after placing the order and wanted the Induction wheels, we weren't thrilled about paying the Induction wheel upgrade cost + the bump up in MSRP at the time (which would have been around $9k).

So...we are looking for options for aftermarket induction/ubertine style wheels (either in 19" or 20"). Just wondering if there is a substantial drop in range with using aftermarket rims and if upgrading to 20" wheels?

Thanks in advance,
Vicki

Hi all. We just took delivery of our MY a week ago. Love it so much!

We had ordered with the Gemini wheels and although we had changed our mind a month after placing the order and wanted the Induction wheels, we weren't thrilled about paying the Induction wheel upgrade cost + the bump up in MSRP at the time (which would have been around $9k).

So...we are looking for options for aftermarket induction/ubertine style wheels (either in 19" or 20"). Just wondering if there is a substantial drop in range with using aftermarket rims and if upgrading to 20" wheels?

Thanks in advance,
Vicki
Hello Vicki:
I should be getting my Model Y next month and want to add a set of winter tires & rims. I've got the tires figured out, but am looking to buy some 19" rims. Will you be selling your when you get your 20"? If so, please let me know. Thanks.

Hello Vicki:
I should be getting my Model Y next month and want to add a set of winter tires & rims. I've got the tires figured out, but am looking to buy some 19" rims. Will you be selling your when you get your 20"? If so, please let me know. Thanks.
Hi 😊,

Exciting! Will be a nice holiday season in your MY!

As for the wheels, we decided to keep the OEM 19” for the winter tires.

Hope you find some 😊