Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going from a Ram 1500 to Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to have a Ram 1500, and when I got into a Model S, I can tell you as well as most people here.... Tesla's dont drive, handle, or are even remotely similar to that truck. Its like apples and oranges. The only thing I miss about the truck is the ability to haul things, thats all, nothing else I miss, not even a little bit. I imagine most here would tell you the same.....furthermore, i know what you wont miss.....is probably spending $100 or more everytime you fill up....

Reactions: sleepydoc
I had a Ram EcoDiesel Limited with the ECU upgraded not long before I bought the MY LR. Most of what I tow can be handled by the MY. It is so much quicker, cheaper to feed, easier to park, and generally more fun to drive.

The one area where I think the Ram was better was ride quality. I also miss the cooled seats on my Ram and the 500+ mile range when towing. Obviously if you are dealing with deep snow, the Ram will be better.

I would say 99% of the time I don't miss the Ram. It was a great truck, one of the best I've owned, but the MY is much better for my all around usage. Figure out your charging situation as you make your purchasing decision. A Tesla charger will run about $600. I spend $350 to have my hardwired in. If I didn't have a good place to charge all the time at home, I'd enjoy my Tesla less. Always being able to have it charged to where I need it is a big plus in my situation.

Reactions: Durwood101