Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going on 4 weeks waiting on a part!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Charge port on my X started opening on its own, then closing, then opening again. Then it started opening every time I locked the vehicle. I took it to our new service center here in Pensacola and they said that my charge port cable/sensor is corroded and would need to be replaced, He said the part would be there in a week and they would call to install it. We are going on 4 weeks now and no part. I called Tesla and they cannot even tell me when part will ship to service center. The problem is that because the sensor works to also tell the the charging cable is correctly inserted I am getting charging errors or 'limited charging' at much slower speeds. No loaner car has been offered and still no word from Tesla as to when or if my part will be shipped. Has anybody else had problems getting parts at a service center? Love my car, not feeling the love from Tesla.

Parts delivery timelines have been an issue at Tesla for years. I’ve waited for over 3 months for parts (windshield, seat trim, center screen). I believe the issue is the system they use for parts ordering. They just loose track of orders. You have to follow up and remind them that you’re waiting. Others may have different experiences, but this is mine.

I will say 4 weeks for a part is something I've had happen on other brands. (3 months, however, is NOT.) The bigger problem is the communications failures; they should know when the part is arriving, it should arrive on time, they should schedule service for right after it arrives, you get the idea.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Pre-delivery problems supposedly resolved today, 10 months after delivery. First, it took months to get appointment.Then they forgot to order parts. Then brought MX in for the repair, but wrong part delivered. If I don’t follow up, I never hear from. Recently told the part has been in, but no one called me. Today, they told me at 5 pm they needed to keep car overnight but will be ready when they open in morning. Are they working on it overnight? No. The tech took my car home. He will put 120 miles on my car. Joy ride? Stolen?

Tesla makes a great car, but no one knows customer service.

Pre-delivery problems supposedly resolved today, 10 months after delivery. First, it took months to get appointment.Then they forgot to order parts. Then brought MX in for the repair, but wrong part delivered. If I don’t follow up, I never hear from. Recently told the part has been in, but no one called me. Today, they told me at 5 pm they needed to keep car overnight but will be ready when they open in morning. Are they working on it overnight? No. The tech took my car home. He will put 120 miles on my car. Joy ride? Stolen?

Tesla makes a great car, but no one knows customer service.

Wow, 120 miles. Did the repair have anything to do with the drivetrain?

Employees taking customer cars home can be a huge liability. Accidents, vandalism, and fines from cameras would all impact the customer.

The added depreciation after an accident would suck. Definitely a law suit.