Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going on 5 months waiting on body repair parts. - Advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all.

I'm coming up on 5 months waiting for parts to repair my 2015 Model S P85D. In June of this year, someone backed into me with their SUV, and did about $6,000 worth of damage to the rear lights, sensors, bumpers, charge port (have to open it manually sometimes), and rear driver's side quarter panel.

I've messaged Tesla several times on Twitter, emailed body repair support every 2 weeks, submitted customer service requests over the phone every 2 weeks, and I'm STILL waiting on parts to get my vehicle repaired.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to get things rolling on this. I'm pretty frustrated at this point, and with the winter season coming up, I'm worried about road salt ingress to the body work while I still wait for parts to come in.

Any advice?

An update to this.

Man. I'm going to have to wait for Febuary for the vehicle to get in the parts, and it's apparently going to take an ENTIRE MONTH to repair the vehicle.....They have to basically disassemble the entire rear of the car and re-weld and rivet the entire rear quarter panel to fix the car. $10 thousand in damages.....

All this for an 8 mph bump while I was parked at McDs....

I probably won't buy another Tesla after this one.....Never took this long to get my BMW or Mercedes repaired.....
Screenshot_1.png

Hi all- I have a 2021 model S and unfortunately, I had an at fault accident. My car has been in the body shop for two months now and we are waiting for a backorder part.
I am paying $1500 a month for a car that I dont have and there is really nothing I can do. Dealing with Tesla service center has been , so far , like nightmares. I can not talk to someone responsible. I am really thinking of hiring an attorney and I know there are lots of people with the same issue here. Any suggestion of what can be done so Tesla stops ignoring existing customers. Looking at their revenue, all they care about is selling new cars as year over year revenue is up which this tells me that they really dont have supply shortages issues for their new cars but when it comes to existing customers they simply give them worst customer service ever. After all, they have already sold a car and what a poor customer like me can do other than waiting

Tesla sold 310,000 cars in Q1 2022 and sold 180,000 cars in Q1 2021 . How come they dont have issue with selling new cars. They can simply reduce the numbers of new cars to have parts available for their existing customers. So clearly this is not the issue of supply shortages like other manufactures. I am thinking of hiring an attorney any suggestion of what can be done?

About year ago I hit a Deer in my 2019 X. Brought it to Certified Body shop. Needed Hood,Front Bumper and many small parts. Took like 3-4 weeks for parts while I drove it. They needed an extra part. That took a week and it was in the shop 3-4 weeks. They says BMW’s were really hard to gets parts for Tesla was better than average. But that was Jan 2021 ish. It was all quite smooth. They kept car indoors the whole time. Disconnected battery first day and it lost like 2% for the whole stay.

Body shop won’t give my car back. And it is a certified body shop. They don’t let me buy a used part .
Mine did. Headlight was on back order and I found exact part and Rev on EBay. They were absolutely fine about it. I told them they would not have to warranty headlight. They were great. No insurance was involved, which may have helped.