TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Going on vacation for 2 1/2 months, please advise.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Igotone2, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Igotone2

Igotone2 Member

My Model 3 performance lives in central Ohio in my garage. Garage never drops below 40 degrees F even when it’s 0 outside. I’ll be away 2 1/2 months returning in mid April. I am planning on setting battery charge level at 50% and leaving home charger that came with the car connected. Would you pump up tires to a max level? I could jack up car so it still sits on the suspension but the tires would be off the ground. Suggestions on car interior settings? What would you do?

2. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse Member

You'll be fine. You've already got it down! A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla so just set it at 50% and leave it plugged in. Inflate the tires to the max rated PSI to avoid getting flat spots - wouldn't bother jacking up the car for just 2.5 months. Leave the climate control off since your garage is somewhat protected from the extreme temps. Let the car do the rest! It will sleep just fine on its own.

Another thought: you could see if you could get your car insurance to suspend the liability coverage for the time you're gone, but leave the comprehensive coverage just in case! Might save you a few bucks, but not sure how feasible it actually is... just an idea.

• Like x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Plug in, enjoy trip. Or maybe rent carrier to take it with you.

4. gaswalla

gaswalla Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery

you got the 50% and plugged in status already.. no need to do anything else!

5. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

I suggest you leave your garage unlocked, and put your keys on top of the front drivers-side wheel. I'll exercise your car for a few miles each day, and make sure it gets plugged in.;)

• Like x 1