Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 has always been kind of a momentum car at high speed track. This Model S accelerates way faster after 60 mph. It could be using roadster2 tech for all we know. Good to see Tesla setting the record! It means they are serious about track performance.

Let’s just say it is using Roadster 2 tech. That means Roadster 2 (comparable or lighter to M3) would obliterate a lot of outright track records for street legal cars, not just EV records. :eek:

This just hit me - this plaid mode edition that will seemingly be on sale soon is a model S refresh

I don't think it will be anytime soon, this is just a development car for the next gen S that's probably at least another 3 years out since you still have important projects like the Y, Truck, and Roadster2. Elon just showed his car early because of Taycan and wanting to stay relevant.

Nice lap! We actually entered a Model S P100D in the June Laguna Seca event, and it wasn’t anything like this! Pulled power like crazy after half a lap and had very intrusive stability control that couldn’t be defeated (had to pull a wheel speed sensor).

This Plaid Model S is clearly a totally a different beast! As some have mentioned, there are even a couple seconds on the table with a different driver.

Model 3 has always been kind of a momentum car at high speed track. This Model S accelerates way faster after 60 mph. It could be using roadster2 tech for all we know. Good to see Tesla setting the record! It means they are serious about track performance.

Actually, I think it's pretty clear that this is Roadster2 tech in one of the development mules from this Twitter chain:

Twitter