Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going rate for solar panel installs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
Looking to add more solar to my house. I will not need an inverter and wiring since I have 2 11.4K's already installed.
So for just putting up panels, and connect these into my existing inverters, for northern calif., any input as to what price
would seem to be the going rate. Looks like 350 watt panels would be used.

I only found one contractor out of santa cruz (advertises on craigslist) who would install for a (non exorbitant) fee plus equipment rather than a package deal. Think he quoted me 3500 labor for 5.5kw system install although could be less since that included the inverters and he was traveling about 100 miles to do the job. Didnt use him so cant speak for quality.

I only found one contractor out of santa cruz (advertises on craigslist) who would install for a (non exorbitant) fee plus equipment rather than a package deal. Think he quoted me 3500 labor for 5.5kw system install although could be less since that included the inverters and he was traveling about 100 miles to do the job. Didnt use him so cant speak for quality.
I have no issue paying a fair price. I paid 40K 2 years ago, 14.5kw, 47 panels with 11.4K Se inverter, which is like 2.75 per watt. I guess I am just wanting to see if this is still a fair price range now.