Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Factory Tour tomorrow 02/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

Just came back from the factory tour, the tour was great but we did not really tour the Model X line, just Model S. But i saw around 30 Model Xs are currently in production and maybe more. Since we did not see the X line, there could be more Xs. The production is definitely moving, majority of the machines are not operating, maybe half of the robots are moving around. Let's keep the fingers crossed, the Xs might be here sooner than we thought.

Thanks for sharing. If you didn't see X line, how did you count 30 in production?

Hey guys
Just came back from the factory tour, the tour was great but we did not really tour the Model X line, just Model S. But i saw around 30 Model Xs are currently in production and maybe more. Since we did not see the X line, there could be more Xs.

So at least half of the machines/robots currently not working even for S line?

The production is definitely moving, majority of the machines are not operating, maybe half of the robots are moving around. Let's keep the fingers crossed, the Xs might be here sooner than we thought.

Hey guys

Just came back from the factory tour, the tour was great but we did not really tour the Model X line, just Model S.

Umm...I thought there was only one line right now? My understanding was both the S and X are coming off of the first line. The few photos we've seen have been consistent with that line of thought. Are they now actually running two separate lines?

Umm...I thought there was only one line right now? My understanding was both the S and X are coming off of the first line. The few photos we've seen have been consistent with that line of thought. Are they now actually running two separate lines?

We were touring the Model S line today. The Model X line did not get exposed but according to the tour person, the Model X is in Line 2! We are touring the line 1 right now because line 2 is almost the same procedure just for the Model X. I think they don't really want to let people see the Model X line.

In regards to the number 30 for the Xs, I counted roughly by eyeballing. The tram is moving very fast especially near the Model X production setting. A group of Model Xs are parked in line, and another group of Model X are getting ready for the paint. I think they may have made a separate line for Model X to ramp up the production.

BTW, No camera, cellphones or anything to capture in image or video are allowed anywhere in the factory.

Any time with the cars themselves?

Hey guys

Just came back from the factory tour, the tour was great but we did not really tour the Model X line, just Model S. But i saw around 30 Model Xs are currently in production and maybe more. Since we did not see the X line, there could be more Xs. The production is definitely moving, majority of the machines are not operating, maybe half of the robots are moving around. Let's keep the fingers crossed, the Xs might be here sooner than we thought.

Hey ModelXBoy -- as part of the tour, do you get to spend any up-close-and-personal time with the cars themselves, specifically the Model X? Or is this just seeing the factory.

Thanks.

There are two lines. The original S line and a new line which is currently dedicated to X. Eventually the new line will do both S and X and they will use the old S line for Model 3. One thing that amazed me is even though they use a lot of automation and robotics most of the work is done by people.