Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to St. John, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drone Flyer

Feb 22, 2016
Canada
Have to go to St. John this weekend.
The Tesla NAV screen and the website Tesla.com\trips suggests I can do it all on Superchargers. I would charge in Cornwall, Magog, then Augusta Maine, Bangor and then St. John's (Level 2).
Anyone else done this trip? Going though the Excited States is a hell of a lot shorter than the northern route.
I don't have a Chademo but I should be ok, I think?

What are you driving? I’ve done it in P90DX and charged at Lepreau. Chademo would be much faster than J. Can borrow mine when going through Brewer, PM me. Some more experienced travelers make the case for sticking to the Trans Canada. Compare in EVTO or other planning app.

Rough estimates based on tomorrow’s weather in my car loaded with rear HVAC running.
Hour lost on the TC could be spent at the crossings.
M are chademo stops, there are several choices after RduL SC.

Attachments

• E8D446F1-C603-4771-82B3-1C8F7B6E9669.png
    E8D446F1-C603-4771-82B3-1C8F7B6E9669.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 075EFB32-027C-471F-B727-21461C1C5AEC.png
    075EFB32-027C-471F-B727-21461C1C5AEC.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
I like the drive through Maine, shorter distance, the drive through the Townships is pleasant, two lane roads keep it interesting through Maine, and I find the Trans Canada mind-numbing in the St. Lawrence Valley and through New Brunswick. The Supercharger in Magog is at a nice little mall with a health foods store and take-out food.

Check EV Trip Planner to see if you have enough range to drive the 350km directly to Bangor from Magog rather than driving out of the way to Augusta (in Magog you might have to manually set your Nav destination to be the Bangor Supercharger).

I like the drive through Maine, shorter distance, the drive through the Townships is pleasant, two lane roads keep it interesting through Maine, and I find the Trans Canada mind-numbing in the St. Lawrence Valley and through New Brunswick. The Supercharger in Magog is at a nice little mall with a health foods store and take-out food.

Check EV Trip Planner to see if you have enough range to drive the 350km directly to Bangor from Magog rather than driving out of the way to Augusta (in Magog you might have to manually set your Nav destination to be the Bangor Supercharger).
I would have liked it but this time flying seemed the better way to go. Time restrictions.