Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Test Drive a Model S tomorrow...what do I need to know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't crossing paths, what I thought he was saying was Tesla was stealing from customers something they themselves value at $2000 as a punitive measure for looking at their own car's files. Tesla has recourse for that sort of thing if they feel they have been abused but theft will never be one of them. Just because it's easy for them to do doesn't make it any more OK than stealing your wheels for speeding.

Once you’re at the dealership, let the salesperson know you want to drive the vehicle(s) you have in mind and then you’ll be comparing models and prices at other showrooms. Doing this should allow you to better focus on your prospective ride while communicating to the dealer that you’re prepared to take your business elsewhere if an attractive offer can’t be made.
Because certain options and powertrains can greatly alter the feel of a vehicle, it’s important to drive the particular model and trim level you intend to purchase. If your dealer doesn’t have the powertrain you are looking for, wait, or find one that does. Take your time, and thoroughly go over the car, taking notes and analyzing how the vehicle looks in the metal versus in photographs.
Although turning the key and mashing the throttle might be your first inclination on a test drive, instead walk around the vehicle and inspect it thoroughly.
Observe how certain features might become irritating in day-to-day use, such as inadequate storage cubbies and cup holders, as well as a trunk that is difficult to operate or has an opening that is too small or too high. (Are the running boards necessary, or are they just going to dirty your pant leg for more money?)
The driver’s and front passenger’s doors may be large and easy to open and close, but also examine the ease of entry and exit for rear-seat occupants, including ingress and egress to the third row of seats, if applicable, and how difficult it is to install a child seat.
Are the rear seats adjustable, comfortable, and sufficient in size, and do they fold down for greater cargo capacity?
Remember to review the vehicle’s safety features, such as the number of airbags, active-safety electronics, and adjustable seatbelts.
If children will be riding in the vehicle, then pinoy shows about them that bring them along and let them evaluate the separate controls and amenities in the back seat (if they’re old enough to drive themselves—and you’ll actually let them—you probably should get them behind the wheel, too).
Take note of the vehicle’s fit, finish, and general build quality. Examine certain items that serve as bellwethers for overall craftsmanship, including the quality of the sun visors, glove box, and seat upholstery, as well as the operation of the shifter and how soundly the doors close.

• Love
Reactions: Buddyroe
Just head to a supercharger and you can share there!

My first time at a supercharger I had to get help because I couldn’t get it unplugged. I didn’t realize it had to be unlocked. I had approached it from the rear corner, where it doesn’t Auto Unlock. Luckily the folks were cool and didn’t laugh too hard

Just head to a supercharger and you can share there!

My first time at a supercharger I had to get help because I couldn’t get it unplugged. I didn’t realize it had to be unlocked. I had approached it from the rear corner, where it doesn’t Auto Unlock. Luckily the folks were cool and didn’t laugh too hard

I went to the Macon SC and I was the only one there. Same thing in Savannah this morning. Still lonely. :(

JyiskshrxH5mDSNFjPsT_zXcHEpIevP-gmbkgfyuGp50ufWq_wr_03FBD3edMUgGbrWieXqiXQolzMa6tWvXaupK4ozLyYDigmK_CCu3Trz4AdLaCWdnhhNSRr92lGxZaXOzQfSoHsn8dLNnN0ccJeJZ-qlF6gKfl-oaCURxSV6VcM5CYLhzrdT_hdJ3B50HnSgtUaQytyR6QSiIHnSJqtbRg44ulhxcKOyk9TteMIntWdlaXq-9K6M70DM-G5tKaPUW91tL0t2A8qMc7dQA_CdUpmAPO6ixlrqRp-4HNRsxX68NKqsriyVjENdZ0saGmhq9JDQSl562lcbDlX1FQZQ2VshvVo3YK4Dhd9tuuaki3GW6Mnafb9jL71reTaCHy1wyhEBVhcIBF_ioh6W5BcTMeh9LqXxBbf_4n_lyEo4hZbcIHlY5V5SnuTxkemD5dOskLhJzeehef62THZtZNSgnUST8R4qCng8D7PuNLTYTkbzrYkLxu0pNVyirhPuJdPnQF78D5Gdv6BC7u7rB81OnQslRWSB6_EMVHC3YBn3saEUD88nPVf39S1jwv0Fyj6M71-BxHK9iDv1p20N-phuE-aXQHhhs5JTsAN4p=w1449-h815-no

Reactions: RogerHScott