Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to the eclipse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thought right now for the Denver/Boulder people is Glendo reservoir. I've never been there so I don't know the best place around there?
I'm tempted to leave the Denver metro around 4am due to expected traffic and supercharging in Cheyenne. If there isn't much traffic we can supercharge in lusk in the morning as I think the refund trip from Cheyenne will be a little too long for or X75D.
The current weather prediction suggest heading west is better but I can't see that happening unless Tesla hurries up with some new superchargers or we take the long way through salt lake City.

We were going to head up to Rexburg early in the morning, but since it will probably be a gong show up there, we may just hang out around the Idaho Falls SpC and then drive south like a bat out of hell after the event (translation: 2mph expected).

For those traveling up I-15, be aware that Pocatello SpC is in the parking lot of a hotel, so very high likelihood for an ICE storm there. If you can skip it, it might be worthwhile.

Weather in Glendo was perfect. The drive up was uneventful. I range-charged in Cheyenne, made it to Glendo and back without imposing on my hosts for electrons. The 202 mile round trip might have been problematic at the 80mph speed limit on I-25 in Wyoming, but I drafted a semi for an hour at 60 going up, and average traffic speed back to Cheyenne was about 25mph.
Cheyenne.jpg
DSC_4554.jpg
hdr1a.jpg
L30.jpg
L3200.jpg

Reactions: ModelX
Nice pics, evp. Looks like you arrived at Cheyenne about 6 AM. What dtime did you leave the Denver area? I didn't get there until about 8 AM, due to an hour traffic delay.

I left Denver for Glendo about 9:00AM Sunday and camped overnight. Left Glendo about 5:30PM Monday and got home 12:30AM. This includes about a 1 hour delay waiting for charging in Cheyenne. I spent as little time on I-25 as possible -- back roads between Glendo and Wheatland, and took US85 south out of Cheyenne for a while, then cut off to back roads till south of Loveland where the map showed I-25 green (close to midnight by this time).

Real-time traffic maps can spoil you.