TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Golf rival

Discussion in 'Future Vehicles' started by cizUK, Jun 6, 2018.

1. cizUK

cizUK Member

2. Steven Loyens

Steven Loyens Member

I did see some photoshop pictures on google that may be a good way to go for that model.

Model-3-render theo 3

But what I'm wondering is what name they are going to use?
    S 3 X Y is already taken. And knowing Elon it has to match in the line and be funny. :D

• Disagree x 1
  3. voyager

voyager Member

Forget about wanting to compete in the most heavily contested market, that of the (electric) family hatchback.

Why not a pincer movement, since we're basically discussing car making strategies,
    and (bottom up) work on an affordable, lightweight daily commuter / running errands EV?
    Next to Tesla's already obvious top-down approach.

The lighter and more slippery the vehicle, the more battery-efficient.
    Admittedly, the semi three-wheeler will not be to everyone's taste. But what is?

[​IMG]

4. Phoenix1

Phoenix1 Member

I doubt we’ll see anything smaller than the 3 for a long time. Small hatchbacks are very tight on space and I dont think they would have enough room for the battery.

• Disagree x 1
  5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

6. Phoenix1

Phoenix1 Member

• Disagree x 1
  7. david_42

david_42 Member

Way back in the beginning, a sub-compact in the $25k range was on Tesla's plate, then it was off, now it seems to be back on. Since I canceled my Model 3 reservation because it's too large, I would be one of the first inline for this car.

• Informative x 1
  8. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

It could be a model M... for SM3XY.

I think a sub-compact would be fantastic for the Euro/UK market too. We love our Ford KAs, Fiat 500s, Nissan Micras and Smart Cars.

• Like x 1