Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Golfcart’s 2020 P3D- Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t do anything too fancy but I wanted to share my modifications to a 2020 Model 3 “Stealth” Performance.

Special thanks to Rishie at AutoRnD in Fremont for all the parts and setup advice, Eric at East Coast Window Tint in Virginia Beach for the tint job, and Scott at Courthouse Imports in Virginia Beach for the install and alignment. If you are in the 757 definitely check these guys out.

Stock setup:
2020 P3D-
Pearl White Multicoat
Black interior
FSD
18” Aero Wheels
1183AF86-67F3-454B-B9A0-5DAEDB75BC31.jpeg

Modifications:
20x8.5” Tsportline TS5 rims in Satin Gray
Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20
D709C146-6B2B-4CC4-95A3-EDBD6BD526A3.jpeg

MPP Comfort non adjustable coilovers
MPP Rear Camber Arms
MPP Front LCA Bearings
MPP Front Compression Rod Inserts
MPP Brake Master Cylinder Brace
Aspira 15mm Wheel Spacers
28E41ACB-04C2-4620-9937-6221B9F9A2B6.jpeg

The goal was to get a comfortable ride that still performed well when I push it hard on the back roads or off ramps. I think we accomplished this. The car feels great and is comfortable for me and my wife. It handles better than stock and looks awesome sitting about 1.5” lower than stock. I added Suntek 35% ceramic tint all around to complete the look. The car sits ~27” ground to fender or ~14.5” hub to fender front and back.
FC7F3BE7-A284-48F4-9B1F-275CDEA1959D.jpeg

Last edited:
Also been eyeing the non adjustable MPP comforts. Is it even worth getting the adjustable set for the price difference?
I think if you were inclined to play with the settings to dial it in exactly how you want it then it might be but I am not that guy at this point in my life. Additionally as things wear over time the adjustable ones may age better because you can compensate by changing the settings.

For me it wasn’t worth it. I trust that MPP found a good stock setting to match the springs they selected on the non-adjustables and would rather spend the nearly $1000 difference on something else since I was working with a fixed budget for this project. My wife told me I could use the leftover money from my insurance settlement on the 2018 P3D+ to modify my new one.

I’ve got about 6 weeks on this setup now and I absolutely love it. MPP comfort non-adjustable coilovers are the perfect balance of comfort, performance, and looks for a daily driver. No complaints from the wife either she says the car looks great and rides nicer than stock.

1354931D-CD7F-4F32-9E52-8CA5812BA13D.jpeg

@golfcart question on the spacers…..I also have the TSportlines but 19’s, +35 offset all around. When you ordered the Aspira spacers, did you select an oem size, or did you select the “Aftermarket” drop down?

I do know these tsportlines fit perfectly as they’ve been developed to align and provide exact fitment with our hubs.

Last edited:
@golfcart question on the spacers…..I also have the TSportlines but 19’s, +35 offset all around. When you ordered the Aspira spacers, did you select an oem size, or did you select the “Aftermarket” drop down?

I do know these tsportlines fit perfectly as they’ve been developed to align and provide exact fitment with our hubs.
The shop I ordered from took care of all that for me so I didn’t select anything. I would assume oem size is fine since they are designed to fit our cars but you might want to check with them.