Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

good and bad after recent updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MX 90D

in last 3 weeks, have gotten 4 updates...last 2 were xx32.12.1 and xx32.12.2.

the bad (bugs?)...

a, after12.2, the release notes DONOT load up.....the release-note window pops up but stays blank for eternity...
b. after xxxx11.xx i started getting at random times a warning that BSM is not working due to "LIMITED CAMERA VISIBILITY. obviously, i did the reset of both screens...the first time it cleared after reset, next 3 times no effect of reset but each time went away after a few miles of driving and a couple of stops on its own.
c. the BSM does not work all the times, eve when there is no warning.

**YES, i cleaned all the cameras multiple times

re smart summon, i do not seem have that feature....i had read somewhere it comes only with FSD...true?

the good....before these updates, my music system would change to some random source or song after a stop....now it always resumes playing whatever was playing before the stop

SO is this unique to my unit or a buga others have experienced too?

I’ve had the BSM warning a couple times since 12.2 as well, never before. Also getting Lane Departure warning when I leave home but I think it’s getting confused by my street. Living on long city street, no lane lines and cars parked perpendicular on both sides.

I've also had 3 or 4 updates in the last 3 weeks. The first one supposedly added smart summon, but my phone app always said "Summon is not currently ready". I've retried it after each update with the same results.

I recenly noticed that the Autopilot icon was never displayed and if tried to enter Autopilot, a message was displayed that it wasn't available. I don't know if the Autopilot problem and the Smart summon problem are related. I tried the "Schedule Service" feature in the phone app, but after entering the Autopilot problem, I was informed that I would have to go to a Service Center.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I saw the blind spot alert once several revs ago but not since. I cleaned the glass over the camera at that time but it never came back. I did ask a Tesla tech whether he thought glint might have caused it and he said "possibly" (what else could he say?). It has not recurred with any of the later revisions.