TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Good body shops in So SF bay area?

Discussion in 'California' started by seenhear, Jul 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. seenhear

seenhear Member

Got in a fender bender today. Gonna need a bit of body work done. Has anyone had good experiences with any Tesla approved body shops in the south bay area? I live in Saratoga, work in Mt. View & Santa Clara. Anyone good in SJ, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, or Mt. View?

Based on the list on tesla.com it's Pan American, Service King, or Chilton...

2. Pinegreen

Pinegreen Member

Although it's not in one of the cities that you listed, I would highly recommend Brooks Motors in Fremont. I was rear ended a few months ago and took my car to them. The location in Fremont only works on Teslas. I live in San Jose and took it to them in Fremont.

3. seenhear

seenhear Member

Thanks! Why? What was good about your experience? I'm most concerned with delays / slow repairs...

4. Pinegreen

Pinegreen Member

Between the various forums, Facebook Groups, etc, their name kept popping up. They kept me updated throughout the whole process. It took about 2 weeks total. That includes ordering parts and the actual repairs after the parts came in. I was rear ended with relatively minor damage. They replaced the rear bumper cover and repaired a dent in the trunk lid. If you can still safely drive your car, they will inspect the car, order the parts, and have you return when the parts are delivered. The quality of the repairs were great also. You can't even tell that there were any repairs done.

5. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

I had a positive experience at Brooks as well.

6. Jsvette56

Jsvette56 Member

I've had minor dents repaired by both Chilton's and Pan American. Both companies performed the work satisfactorily, but Pan American was faster, cheaper, and did a MUCH better job of communication.

7. seenhear

seenhear Member

Thanks!

8. seenhear

seenhear Member

Thanks for that information. Pan American is closest to me.

9. seenhear

seenhear Member

BTW, was your 'Vette at the Mt. View street fair Thursday night? There was a Corvette rally of sorts and one that looked a lot like yours was there.

10. seenhear

seenhear Member

One more thing, which Pan American did you go to?

11. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Do not go to Chilton in Santa Clara, horrible place. My car never recovered from the damage they did

12. Extreme Autowerks

Extreme Autowerks Local Vendor - SoCal

Eve
    Even tho we are way down here in SoCal, we've had some clients from up North swear by The Works Autobody in Santa Clara! We've seen their work in person down here, and it was very hard to differentiate between what they repainted and what was factory. We are pretty harsh critics of paint as it directly affects our services, and I would even go as far as saying as their paint was of higher quality than Teslas ;)