Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good body shops in So SF bay area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in a fender bender today. Gonna need a bit of body work done. Has anyone had good experiences with any Tesla approved body shops in the south bay area? I live in Saratoga, work in Mt. View & Santa Clara. Anyone good in SJ, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, or Mt. View?

Based on the list on tesla.com it's Pan American, Service King, or Chilton...

Although it's not in one of the cities that you listed, I would highly recommend Brooks Motors in Fremont. I was rear ended a few months ago and took my car to them. The location in Fremont only works on Teslas. I live in San Jose and took it to them in Fremont.

Thanks! Why? What was good about your experience? I'm most concerned with delays / slow repairs...

Between the various forums, Facebook Groups, etc, their name kept popping up. They kept me updated throughout the whole process. It took about 2 weeks total. That includes ordering parts and the actual repairs after the parts came in. I was rear ended with relatively minor damage. They replaced the rear bumper cover and repaired a dent in the trunk lid. If you can still safely drive your car, they will inspect the car, order the parts, and have you return when the parts are delivered. The quality of the repairs were great also. You can't even tell that there were any repairs done.

Reactions: Owen_H
Eve
Got in a fender bender today. Gonna need a bit of body work done. Has anyone had good experiences with any Tesla approved body shops in the south bay area? I live in Saratoga, work in Mt. View & Santa Clara. Anyone good in SJ, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, or Mt. View?

Based on the list on tesla.com it's Pan American, Service King, or Chilton...

Even tho we are way down here in SoCal, we've had some clients from up North swear by The Works Autobody in Santa Clara! We've seen their work in person down here, and it was very hard to differentiate between what they repainted and what was factory. We are pretty harsh critics of paint as it directly affects our services, and I would even go as far as saying as their paint was of higher quality than Teslas ;)

Hate to join the chorus of folks looking for body shop recommendations, but my Model S got sideswiped by another car in rainy, stop-n-go traffic. Fortunately it was low speed and impact, mostly ther other cars fender scraping the paint around my right-rear wheel well, but only causing an actual dent (slightly concave depression about 2" wide x 10" high) in the front side of the wheel well, and stopping just short of the door panel. I was apparently the 2nd accident the other driver got into that same day, fortunately it's looking fairly confident our insurance companies will deem her at fault.

I think fortunately the wheel well has a fairly flat profile all around the tire that should be easy to work with, with easy access to the backside of the panel via the wheel well. Anyone feel Brooks or Pan American or another shop around the South Bay would be best suited for minor paint and body work to get the aluminum back into shape seamlessly? I'm really not wanting anyone to have to tear the car apart and replace the whole quarter panel.

dent.jpg

The driver also continued forward possibly unaware, and knocked my sideview mirror 90 deg forward. My wife popped it back into position and seems functional aside from a paint chip at the outer edge. But I understand the painted part of mirror housing is just a plastic cowling that can be replaced with a brand-new, freshly painted one?

Hate to join the chorus of folks looking for body shop recommendations, but my Model S got sideswiped by another car in rainy, stop-n-go traffic. Fortunately it was low speed and impact, mostly ther other cars fender scraping the paint around my right-rear wheel well, but only causing an actual dent (slightly concave depression about 2" wide x 10" high) in the front side of the wheel well, and stopping just short of the door panel. I was apparently the 2nd accident the other driver got into that same day, fortunately it's looking fairly confident our insurance companies will deem her at fault.

I think fortunately the wheel well has a fairly flat profile all around the tire that should be easy to work with, with easy access to the backside of the panel via the wheel well. Anyone feel Brooks or Pan American or another shop around the South Bay would be best suited for minor paint and body work to get the aluminum back into shape seamlessly? I'm really not wanting anyone to have to tear the car apart and replace the whole quarter panel.

View attachment 362268

The driver also continued forward possibly unaware, and knocked my sideview mirror 90 deg forward. My wife popped it back into position and seems functional aside from a paint chip at the outer edge. But I understand the painted part of mirror housing is just a plastic cowling that can be replaced with a brand-new, freshly painted one?

When I was researching for mine, Pan American had mixed reviews. Brooks in Fremont had pretty much all good reviews. You could consider the Tesla body shop on Mabury Rd. Tesla opened their own body shop there.

You can also try the Tesla San Jose body shop.

I don't have any input on the quality of the repairs since my car is not back yet. However, I'd like to warn you that even with an appointment setup 45 days in advance, my car has been sitting there for 9 days now and they haven't even looked at the damages to provide a repair estimate.

You can also try the Tesla San Jose body shop.

I don't have any input on the quality of the repairs since my car is not back yet. However, I'd like to warn you that even with an appointment setup 45 days in advance, my car has been sitting there for 9 days now and they haven't even looked at the damages to provide a repair estimate.

Is yours in just to get an estimate, or committed for the repair as well? I'm not sure how things work with the insurance companies (presumably in my case with the other party's insurer State Farm), whether you shop around for estimates first, and whether Tesla charges for giving an estimate...

Also, does the Tesla service center on Marbury Rd provide loaners (Tesla or other make) if the car is in for insurance repair?

Our car will be going in next month for some damage done to our MS by a careless driver who's insurance will pick up the cost. We were told the Mabury Road Body Shop does not have loaners. We will get a rental car paid for by their guy's insurance. Still a bit off so haven't made those arrangements yet but assume they'll deliver to the shop.