Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good buy?

Green or brown?

• Green

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Brown

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the help. I’m pulling the trigger on the green 2014. In an uncertain world like like that the motor and battery will be covered for another 20 months. it doesn’t have as many options but there’s also less to go wrong.
Getting a 220v outlet installed this weekend and lamenting the loss of free supercharging before I ever got to enjoy it!
Open for any advice to for a first time owner.

Reactions: P85_DA
Open for any advice to for a first time owner.
I would say just enjoy the car don’t fret about changes in range that are displayed on screen ;)...familiarize yourself with some of the changes that happened with Older S’a ..ie search battery gate/charge gate here ..those changes will affect your range and supercharge speed ...congrats on picking up the Tesla ..enjoy !

Reactions: Electricmike
The green was titled 7/14 and the brown was titled 3/13. So the green will have about 16 months more warranty on the motor and battery.
That’s a tough one....my car was mfg 12/14. I wasn’t the original owner on this S (had a previous one. So on all my paperwork from Tesla my battery/motors warranty expires 12/22. If I was the original owner and I didn’t take delivery until March 2015 then the warranties would have expired March 2023. You might email Tesla with that hypothetical question and ask how they handle it. I’d hate for you to be surprised later. (Worst case ask the sellers for pictures of the door sill of the cars and then you’ll have that)

I do love my Dec 2014 P85D but the last year has been trying. I think I’m on my eighth or ninth service center visit. MCU X3. Front Half shafts X3. Front drive unit. Charger door assembly. Main Battery. All covered under extended warranty and drive unit/battery warranty ... if you are stretching your budget to buy a used Tesla that is almost or completely out of warranty, how will you handle these sort of repairs? Please think carefully. There are very few Indy mechanics that will touch a Tesla and parts can be hard to get even if you want to DIY.

I do love my Dec 2014 P85D but the last year has been trying. I think I’m on my eighth or ninth service center visit. MCU X3. Front Half shafts X3. Front drive unit. Charger door assembly. Main Battery. All covered under extended warranty and drive unit/battery warranty ... if you are stretching your budget to buy a used Tesla that is almost or completely out of warranty, how will you handle these sort of repairs? Please think carefully. There are very few Indy mechanics that will touch a Tesla and parts can be hard to get even if you want to DIY.

(update: Add a 12V battery to the list. My Tesla really doesn't like 2020!)