Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great buy I saw last night I love the color combo I am looking for a private sale only to save 9% sales tax in Nevada. buying this car with taxes puts me over budget which breaks my heart also for what it is worth my brother buys his cars from this company all the time and he used to work for BMW I would snatch it up in a minute but the extra $7500 in Nevada taxes makes it so I cannot justify spending 90k total with tax..

Great deal in my opinion buy it so I don't have to keep looking at it

Lol

i was looking at this when i asked for a bill of sale there were almost 4k in fees ( we have an Insanely low sales tax here) and then another 2k for shipping.. putting this not only out of my budget but in the overpriced range.

Noticed that is stated "Certified Pre-Owned", which is not true unless it is being sold by Tesla. Only a car that is sold by Tesla can be labeled as "Certified Pre-Owned", this is a Private Party Sale and they can't guarantee the warranty.

Every Model S "Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle receives a full inspection, remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 miles pre-owned limited warranty with 24 hour roadside assistance.

Noticed that is stated "Certified Pre-Owned", which is not true unless it is being sold by Tesla. Only a car that is sold by Tesla can be labeled as "Certified Pre-Owned", this is a Private Party Sale and they can't guarantee the warranty.

Every Model S "Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle receives a full inspection, remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 miles pre-owned limited warranty with 24 hour roadside assistance.
They can call it "Certified Pre-Owned" but just can't (shouldn't) call it "Tesla Certified Pre-Owned” without permission from Tesla The seller also isn't a private party, it's a dealer and one that apparently sells a fair number of Tesla including some that have been bought directly from Tesla.

Many dealers and manufacturers use the term "certified pre-owned." In the eBay listing description it specifies a "Lone Star Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty."

According to Tesla, the only cars that they sell to wholesalers/dealers are those that are deemed "AS-IS" Warranties and do not qualify for the Tesla CPO Program. This means that they have either a CarFax report with an accident or they received a "C, or D" rating during the AiM Inspection. The only cars that Tesla will sell as a CPO is one that receives a "A, or B" rating by AiM. All other cars are sold to Auction houses that then sell to dealers. These are cars that have been in an accident and the repair was not done by to Tesla standards or by a Tesla approved repair shop.

I would check the CarFax or AutoCheck history report on that VIN. You can also check with Tesla and see if they will warranty the car or not. If it was an "AS-IS" then you are responsible for the cost of all maintenance on the vehicle. That can get expensive depending on the issues.

I would check the CarFax or AutoCheck history report on that VIN. You can also check with Tesla and see if they will warranty the car or not. If it was an "AS-IS" then you are responsible for the cost of all maintenance on the vehicle. That can get expensive depending on the issues.

Texas Direct Auto currently lists eight Teslas in stock including four 2016s which have miles ranging from 574 to 3,812. All of the Teslas have high AutoCheck scores except one (a 2016 Model X which had “no score available”) and none had reported issues like accident, theft, etc.

It has been reported that this dealer has bought many Teslas from Tesla but I have no idea where any of the ones currently for sale came from.

i did notice there dropping there price's a bit but it might be because they tacked on the fees and making it up that way some of there older ones were priced pretty crazy on the excuse of " thats what there worth" completely forgetting you can order a new one for less

Tesla has a very similar new 2016 Model S 85D in inventory which would be $85,450 after federal tax credit.

85 kWh Model S 120561 | Tesla Motors

Grey l
Texas Direct Auto currently lists eight Teslas in stock including four 2016s which have miles ranging from 574 to 3,812. All of the Teslas have high AutoCheck scores except one (a 2016 Model X which had “no score available”) and none had reported issues like accident, theft, etc.

It has been reported that this dealer has bought many Teslas from Tesla but I have no idea where any of the ones currently for sale came from.

The last month of the quarter Tesla wholesales a bunch of cars to them. Their last big group was last Dec.