TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Good carwash facilities in Silicon Valley?

Discussion in 'California' started by Jsvette56, May 29, 2013.

1. Jsvette56

Jsvette56 Member

My new red Tesla is getting dirty. I've been reviewing carwash facilities on Yelp around San Jose and find they all get dinged by a few people (maybe their competitors are doing it?).

Anyone have a good suggestion other than doing it myself?

2. Norcalgal

Norcalgal Member

I was brave last weekend and tried Bubbles car wash in Sunnyvale. It's hand wash and they did a pretty good job. I'm not 100% sold on them, but no scratches and my Tesla looked good.

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

I use Pacific Car Wash on Bascom near Hamilton.

It's a 100% hand car wash and they wash higher end cars all the time.

They have washed several Model S (including mine three times) and know how to drive them.

4. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

If you have just light dust, the Chevron on colemon (where In-n-Out burger is) has a completely touchless option. Uses only chemicals to wash the car that works well enough. If you have any debris stuck to the car, it won't work that well.

5. giants2001

giants2001 Member

This has also become my favorite spot for a hand car wash in the South Bay.

6. vcor

vcor Member

I've used Bubbles in Sunnyvale (all hand wash) and Classic Car Wash in San Jose. Note - for Classic ask for a hand wash, which is slightly more expensive and takes a little longer. They don't run the car through the tunnel with a hand wash. Both did a fine job.