Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal on 2013 S85?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on this deal? My Volt was totaled recently and looking for an affordable Tesla. Hoping to get input on pricing?

2013 Tesla Model S 85

Really would love to find a Tesla under $25k, but I’m also considering trying to see if any way to score a discounted Model 3 before Q2 ends. A model 3 would probably better suit our city living and has better tech, just really can’t afford to spend up.

Can't comment on the price, but this 'mirrors' our first MS, which we traded for a 2015 85D. I kinda miss the large frunk, other than that there's very little noticeable difference between our first and second, and in fact I miss the old girl. Yeah, 4 wheel drive is cool, especially in snow ... but in normal driving there's very little real benefit IMHO. Both my kids have M3s, and they're great, but can't (again IMO) match the pleasure of my MS for solid and secure . . . but I'm mid-80s, and have a different viewpoint from both of them ;o).

If you like it - go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Looks about right. You can check kbb.com or ebay to see what they say. The older cars come with free unlimited supercharging, if that makes any difference to you. Newer cars will have autopilot and other features this car does not.

You might want to go to your local service center and talk to them about what might break with the high mileage and the cost. If this is over your price that you want to spend will you be able to afford the repairs?

Not sure this is the route I'd go if $25K was my limit.