Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal on Model SP100D(L), FSD, Sunroof, Only 50 miles - $83.4K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just secured a similar deal after working with an OA for a few days. He said they are super rare and when they get posted, they are snatched up within an hour. Luckily he found me one before it got published to the site.

My advice for those looking .... work with an OA. I called my local Tesla and worked with the first Rep assigned and it worked out (barring any delivery disasters).

Good Luck.

sorry to highjack this thread a bit but i'm looking at a new inventory S85D and i'm confused about the version of AP hardware that ships with the car. it is listed as a 100D long range. I currently have an AP 1.0 car that can do basic "summon" and auto park both in parallel and perpendicular spots.. and I believe I will have to give up those 2 features unless I spend $$ on FSD.. but I know the AP hardware is constantly improving and i'm confused at where we are now.. are we still at AP 2.5 hardware in 2019 models, are we at 2.75?

part of me wants to wait for the MS refresh, but I don't want a model S without a pano roof. and currently the only way to get same is to buy used or new inventory. god knows if the refresh will include a pano roof.

thanks for taking the time to reply.

OP... don't worry.. you will find the car you want. I agree free L mode is quite a deal.. I just don't care about big, fast, cars.. i'm ok with the non-P Model S so for me its a moot point.

Just helped a friend secure P100DL with sunroof, FSD for 85.7K out the door (or 82K after federal tax credit). VIN in 293xxx so likely Oct/Nov 2018 build and with some 200 miles on the odometer.

If I come across something similar or better, I will send you the VIN URL.
@KCapital
you are famous on Seeking Alpha.
you are quoted in a paid article
Tesla Is Going To Sacrifice Profits For Delivery Numbers, Again - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

upload_2019-6-10_8-58-54.png

O well, at least they didn't quote the inventory P100DL (RED/FSD/21"Wheels/Ventilated seats/4K miles) that was snagged for $77.8K. (approx. $75K after tax credit), or the model X 100D with FSD for 70K. :p

What has happened in last 2-3 weeks is, with the introduction of free supercharging, prices of inventory 100Ds have gone up by $5K, and there are very limited if any P100DLs available in the 80k-90K range.

Basically, Tesla has pulled back most of the discounted inventory (showroom and demo vehicles) from the website and releasing it through OA/sales call route only.

From the trading perspective, my two useless cents (that are holding me from buying $TSLA at present):
1. Waiting to see if we will see the discounted inventory back online in another week or so as the quarter end approaches as concerns about reaching 90K sale target are very real.
2. I am personally noticing far more disengagements on autosteer and navigate on autopilot since version 2019.12.1.2, which is bothering to say the least. Not to mention - My 2017 Model S (With AP 2.5) was totaled on autopilot just 2 months ago. Still LOVE Tesla, Elon, and my spanking new model S P100DL :)

• Informative
Reactions: StevenSD
O well, at least they didn't quote the inventory P100DL (RED/FSD/21"Wheels/Ventilated seats/4K miles) that was snagged for $77.8K. (approx. $75K after tax credit), or the model X 100D with FSD for 70K. :p
Basically, Tesla has pulled back most of the discounted inventory (showroom and demo vehicles) from the website and releasing it through OA/sales call route only.
:)

This trend is continuing, there are now exactly zero new inventory P100D/L cars available on the website.

I'm new to the Tesla family and started searching the EV-CPO site around June 5th. The P100D deal that started this post were long gone by the time I started looking. 100D ranged from $81.7K to $89K by Jun 5th. I narrowed down to a Model S in Los Angeles built in Mar 2019 with 50 mi and ordered Jun 6th. The retail store in Scottsdale AZ indicated I could upgrade to FSD for $1K - $3K. I took delivery on Jun 15th.

On Jun 18th, Tesla now offers the upgrade from EAP to FSD for $6000. If I would have known it would be another $6k, I would of selected a model with FSD already and paid a little more.

I replaced the Silver Wheels already and get window tint, Tesla Red Brake Calipers, Chrome Delete, and Clear Bra this week.
20190617_202803.jpg

Model S $85,000
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Included
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint $1,500
Glass Roof Included
19" Silver Wheels Included
Black and White Premium $1,500
Dark Ash Wood Décor Included
Dark Headliner Included
Free Supercharging Included
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000
Premium Upgrades Package Included
Smart Air Suspension Included
Extended Range $8,000
Subtotal $101,000
Documentation Fee $75
Destination Fee $1,125
Price Adjustment ($19,300)
Total $82,900

Reactions: EV-CPO and Don TLR
The retail store in Scottsdale AZ indicated I could upgrade to FSD for $1K - $3K. I took delivery on Jun 15th...

If I would have known it would be another $6k, I would of selected a model with FSD already and paid a little more.

You may be able to honor the $3000 upgrade price to FSD if that is in fact what you were told. although this is exactly why it is a good idea to get all this in writing. proving what someone "said" after-the-fact is not easy.

a question: was the car delivered to you in LA or in Scottsdale?

Tesla likes to tout their uniform pricing strategy and no discounts bah blah blah.. but you hang out on this forum enough, you start to notice regional variations in how they end up "moving" inventory.

my point: what you were told in Scottsdale may not hold true for a car purchased from LA or from a car that was sourced from an LA showroom.

Tesla will insist to high heaven that this never happens.. but never is a very heavy word that implies no wiggle room. and this is simply not the case.