Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good intentions: Unused Camera Switcher and 360-kit for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
Please look at all the pictures. There is a lot of kit here. I bought the rear camera switcher kit and the 360-view kit with the best intentions of installing them on my Model S. I've been having recurring issues and the car has been in service 5 times since October and needs to go back again, so I got scared about making changes that might give them an excuse not to cover the repairs under warranty. I know, it's lame. But, I'm trying to be realistic.

360 view kit that includes four cameras and custom tesla interface (hdmi and panda)

rear camera switcher kit (to install a front camera) purchased as part of the "second run"

new(?I think) rear camera bought from amazon (to be installed as the front camera)

side view mirror I got from a wrecker to test ways to mount the side cameras for the 360 kit.
Very helpful to see where you can mount the camera and run the wires for the 360 kit
(or if you break one of the covers)....

I'd prefer to sell everything to one buyer to avoid accidentally mixing the parts up, but if no one steps forward for the whole thing, I will sell it piece meal.

Please read through the thread's here that give a lot of information about these kits - they are made by a TMC member:
360 surround view + HDMI kit testing
2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4735.jpg
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4735.jpg
IMG_4736.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ICE collector
Hi I’m interested, but cant message you for some reason, like its blocked or something.
Please look at all the pictures. There is a lot of kit here. I bought the rear camera switcher kit and the 360-view kit with the best intentions of installing them on my Model S. I've been having recurring issues and the car has been in service 5 times since October and needs to go back again, so I got scared about making changes that might give them an excuse not to cover the repairs under warranty. I know, it's lame. But, I'm trying to be realistic.

360 view kit that includes four cameras and custom tesla interface (hdmi and panda)

rear camera switcher kit (to install a front camera) purchased as part of the "second run"

new(?I think) rear camera bought from amazon (to be installed as the front camera)

side view mirror I got from a wrecker to test ways to mount the side cameras for the 360 kit.
Very helpful to see where you can mount the camera and run the wires for the 360 kit
(or if you break one of the covers)....

I'd prefer to sell everything to one buyer to avoid accidentally mixing the parts up, but if no one steps forward for the whole thing, I will sell it piece meal.

Please read through the thread's here that give a lot of information about these kits - they are made by a TMC member:
360 surround view + HDMI kit testing
2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

View attachment 550782 View attachment 550780 View attachment 550781 View attachment 550782 View attachment 550783 View attachment 550784
View attachment 550780 View attachment 550781

Getting lots of PM's for one part or the other - so guess I will let the market decide :p

Item #1 - Camera switcher with camera wire set, rear camera (to be used in front), with optional Panda and giraffe "Can bus kit". About $500 when purchased. $400 for all of it.

Item #2 - 360 kit from BearBu plus extra side view mirror for experimenting/backup - About $680 plus $150 (used mirror). $600 for all of that.

Will cover Priority Mail shipping in the continental US. Buyers farther away will be calculated and added.

Bump. Dropping price to $350 for the front camera kit (called it item #1 above) that comes with the cables, a rear camera (to put in front) and the panda for automatic switching when in reverse (please see the threads for details on that if you aren't familiar).

Here's a picture of what's left

IMG_4809.jpg