Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good inventory deal for MX 75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered this inventory car that I used the Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car tracker for.

What do you guys think about this?

$84,250 prior to tax rebate

Model X 75D

EXTERIOR

Deep Blue Metallic Paint 20" Silver Wheels

INTERIOR
Tan Leather Seats Carbon Fiber Upgrade Front Console
Light Alcantara Headliner Five Seat Interior

OPTIONS

Enhanced Autopilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

Screenshot 2017-11-20 18.06.08.png

Screenshot 2017-11-20 18.06.10.png

Let us know those rules on the uncorking.

I almost pushed the order button over the weekend but when I pressed for details I found a car listing PUP and appearing fully loaded was not.
The pricing sticker included some old pricing and it was a July build.
Good thing I asked questions before placing the deposit.

Back to the drawing board and waiting. I am finding this inventory list is constantly changing, and I’m not so sure it’s due to purchases.

There really isn’t any good “deal” on a new Tesla. Despite your quoted car having 10k miles, it talks about it getting the tax credit which means it must be classified as a “new” car (likely a loaner or store model). If you don’t mind waiting, I would just do a custom order so you get a completely brand new product. Not a used “new” car.

Thus will also ensure that the tow hitch comes standard (I think post SEP builds come standard) as well as the upgraded acceleration. And you can get everything you want, the way you want it. All the prices are set. Make sure you use someone’s referral code to get the free supercharging for life, that is most important, and make sure you apply it and verify that it has been applied prior to delivery. I checked again before signing just to make sure.

Best,

N

There really isn’t any good “deal” on a new Tesla. Despite your quoted car having 10k miles, it talks about it getting the tax credit which means it must be classified as a “new” car (likely a loaner or store model). If you don’t mind waiting, I would just do a custom order so you get a completely brand new product. Not a used “new” car.

Thus will also ensure that the tow hitch comes standard (I think post SEP builds come standard) as well as the upgraded acceleration. And you can get everything you want, the way you want it. All the prices are set. Make sure you use someone’s referral code to get the free supercharging for life, that is most important, and make sure you apply it and verify that it has been applied prior to delivery. I checked again before signing just to make sure.

Best,

N
You misunderstand how inventory orders work for demo cars. The car is indeed new and eligible for the tax credit, but because it was likely used as a demo vehicle and has ~10,000 miles, there's a price adjustment (discount) of $14,500. A comparable new build today would cost $95,050 vs $84,250. Aside from the 10,000 miles, the major difference between that inventory car and a new build, is that you'll mostly likely be lacking the sub-zero weather, premium audio and the towing packages. Those options used to cost about $4,700 so you're really only receiving a discount of about $6,100 for 10k miles. On the plus side, you should be able to get it delivered in 2017 and be eligible for the tax credit even if it goes away in 2018.

If you're okay without the options available in the current premium upgrade package (assuming it was manufactured when those were still separate options) and you consider $6,100 fair compensation for the existing miles then it's probably a good deal.

I purchased an inventory P100D a few months ago with 7,700 miles and I've been happy with the outcome.

That’s what I noticed on the inventory vehicles. Inflated prices on the options that are standard today as a package. Also check with your OA about the real options, my OA told me after I asked oh... it does not have the stereo or cold package... but it’s listed as PUP.

Do your homework, if I had placed my deposit I would have been stuck to use it or transfer.

You misunderstand how inventory orders work for demo cars. The car is indeed new and eligible for the tax credit, but because it was likely used as a demo vehicle and has ~10,000 miles, there's a price adjustment (discount) of $14,500. A comparable new build today would cost $95,050 vs $84,250. Aside from the 10,000 miles, the major difference between that inventory car and a new build, is that you'll mostly likely be lacking the sub-zero weather, premium audio and the towing packages. Those options used to cost about $4,700 so you're really only receiving a discount of about $6,100 for 10k miles. On the plus side, you should be able to get it delivered in 2017 and be eligible for the tax credit even if it goes away in 2018.

If you're okay without the options available in the current premium upgrade package (assuming it was manufactured when those were still separate options) and you consider $6,100 fair compensation for the existing miles then it's probably a good deal.

I purchased an inventory P100D a few months ago with 7,700 miles and I've been happy with the outcome.

Wow didn’t know that, thought they were selling as new. Thanks for letting me know.

That’s what I noticed on the inventory vehicles. Inflated prices on the options that are standard today as a package. Also check with your OA about the real options, my OA told me after I asked oh... it does not have the stereo or cold package... but it’s listed as PUP.

Do your homework, if I had placed my deposit I would have been stuck to use it or transfer.
The "discount" is based on the original sticker, adjusted for mileage, age and options that have been made standard. Since Tesla is constantly changing options, you do need to be very careful about what you're ordering.

It is great deal IMO as we just ordered 2 weeks ago almost the exact same car at full price. :p 70D deep blue, pup, enhanced auto pilot, the only difference is we got the new cream color interior instead of tan. The pup for the new model X is $6000 instead of $4500 so you are really saving $16000!

That is good to know! I have to check with my OA if the PUP for this car includes the sub zero weather, premium audio, towing. Although, I'm in Northern CA, never plan to tow anything and not cold enough for sub zero weather, but it will help with future resale.

I'm hoping Tesla will clean the loaner car to like new condition, hopefully no issues with paint, etc.

Now to decide between lease or buy, wish there was a poll to see what people do for model X, similar to the poll for popular colors/configurations.

The lease is $1059 for 15K/36, $7942 due at signing, $53,940 residual

Loan is: $1185 x 72 months @ 1.49% or $1412 x 60 months @ 1.49

CA sales tax is higher than other parts of the country and I know by financing, you pay the entire sales tax vs leasing.

Any norcal Model X owners than can offer opinions for lease/buy ?

Thanks for everyone's help!

That is good to know! I have to check with my OA if the PUP for this car includes the sub zero weather, premium audio, towing. Although, I'm in Northern CA, never plan to tow anything and not cold enough for sub zero weather, but it will help with future resale.

I'm hoping Tesla will clean the loaner car to like new condition, hopefully no issues with paint, etc.

Now to decide between lease or buy, wish there was a poll to see what people do for model X, similar to the poll for popular colors/configurations.

The lease is $1059 for 15K/36, $7942 due at signing, $53,940 residual

Loan is: $1185 x 72 months @ 1.49% or $1412 x 60 months @ 1.49

CA sales tax is higher than other parts of the country and I know by financing, you pay the entire sales tax vs leasing.

Any norcal Model X owners than can offer opinions for lease/buy ?

Thanks for everyone's help!
Can't answer the loan vs. buy question for you, since that depends on how long you plan to keep it. Since Tesla applies the tax credit to the residual, I can't imagine it's worth buying out at the end of the lease, unless you negotiate a far lower buyout. If you buy, you at least have the tax credit to offset the sales tax.

I bought a 2016 Model X P100D w/ 7700 miles 4 months ago. It was well detailed and looked almost new, but it had a few minor interior and exterior blemishes. You should be able to get Tesla to replace anything broken or damaged, but the reason for the discount is to compensate for wear. With 10,000 miles, you might want to check the tread depth and see if they'll replace them if they're significantly worn.

If you're very particular about your car's finish and plan to clear wrap or ceramic coat it, then you may not be happy with the demo. I keep my car clean (car wash) but I treat it like an expensive tool (it holds 20 bundles of pine needles, by the way) and I was happy to take the discount.

Did you pull the trigger?

What’s the lead time on when you can expect it?

It’s getting close for me on if I am going to pull the trigger ... I may not be able to find one and put it in use by year end but keeping fingers crossed.
That inventory list is constantly changing. I am trying to stick to a west coast purchase so I can pick up if needed.