TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Good location to tap into the CAN data in Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jimbo69ny, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Hey guys,

I am new to the Model X. I am a tech geek and I am wondering where you guys have tapped into the CAN data wires for the Model X. I am assuming people here have done it.

Thanks!

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

3. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Kinda but not really. I have my own monitoring. I am just looking for access to the can wires. This car doesn’t have an OBD 2 plug right? I don’t actually get my X for another few weeks.

4. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

On my RHD Model X, there appears to be what looks like an OBD port next to the light (see image) UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5a2bf.jpg

Attached Files:

5. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Oh perfect! I’ll check that when my X arrives.

6. Krash

Krash Data Technician

The easily accessible but useless ODB2 port carries no usable data. It is only there for compliance. See this thread for the above the cubby access and adapter info.

• Informative x 1
  7. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in Lake Charles LA)
    What software or program will you be using. I like the scan my tesla app that shows a lot of data fun to view.