Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good news for CT demand...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, its definitely not going to be at Maverick pricing, and it shouldn't as it's going to be a much more capable truck. Maverick started at less than $30k (just) when announced and when CT was announced, I think Elon said $39k (which we know isn't happening).
expect a tri-motor CT being closer to S / X than the Y price wise...

i don't expect a CT option for less than $60k anytime soon.

Could definitely be varying regional demand, but dealers near me don’t have any sitting besides their demo. How are you checking that dealers have one sitting for weeks and months?

The car search sites are not accurate. For example my local dealer has 10 (!!) Lightnings listed on cars.com but zero on their own website. I drive by it twice a day and they don’t have any sitting. Not sure what’s going on there. Maybe they have some system that lists everything earmarked for their dealer automatically on cars.com, but those may already be all spoken for.

Ford also requires dealers to keep their demo/mannequin for something like 6 months or 6000 miles before they can sell it or else risk fines or reduced allocations. So yes there could be a lightning sitting at each local dealer for months.

A lot of dealers have their demo listed as “in stock” for sale but don’t tell you it’s a demo that can’t be sold until you contact them.
Yes. I was looking for one. I test drove one almost two months ago and might test drive another this weekend. 22 demo. 23s are sitting on lots because of price increases. Sales of the Lightning are peanuts compared to the gas version.

How do I know they have stock? Because I've been also hunting for a upper trim Bronco for 4 months now and always see Lightnings on the lot but Broncos are rare. Any Bronco on the lot is presold or marked up $10K min.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Pumping? They shut down factory for a few weeks.

Demand is low even though production is maybe 4K a quarter.

Is Tesla demand low? I can have any Tesla model I want before the end of the month.

Frantic demand has cooled for a lot of previously hot vehicles. Except the Bronco, of course.

One Bronco gets closer to demand equilibrium that vehicle will be sitting on lots with markups potential buyers won't pay.