Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good news for Standard Plus M3 Partial Premium owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
For all of us that lost out on Fog Lights, a bit of good news. There have been hacks for some time now where you install the lights then tap into the wiring. Then there was Ingenext's Bonus module which let us swap in the lights, plug them in and turn them on/off but only from their web control. Not perfect but usable. I had this for almost a year. Now, Sexy buttons has a beta feature which gives us a button.. a real button to turn the foglights on and off AND it shows correctly on the screen. Just like OEM. No wiring hacks.. no special web servers. And it works with the current FSD beta code .. YAY...
I now have real fog lights.. all my speakers minus the subwoofer.. rear anti roll bar.. and ambient lighting. Life is good :D

My 2019 just missed having them. I had to swap them in. And since it was a swap there was not any control on the console for them. Really kinda of stupid not to offer it as a paid upgrade like the rear seat heaters

The fog light itself is deleted from the housing. You have to pick up a pair of used fog light /turn signal housings and swap them. It’s plug and play. No mods needed
Thanks! This is #1 on my list now lol. I discovered that there's also the "clear" version from Europe that removes the little amber reflector. Any idea if that would be plug and play as well, I'm worried that the connector or harness might be slightly different?

If you have any part numbers I can reference for the foglights it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks! This is #1 on my list now lol. I discovered that there's also the "clear" version from Europe that removes the little amber reflector. Any idea if that would be plug and play as well, I'm worried that the connector or harness might be slightly different?

If you have any part numbers I can reference for the foglights it would be greatly appreciated
I believe RPMtesla just released Gen 2 plug n play fog light kit

Reactions: SteelClouds
The only foglight upgrade I found there was for the multiLED foglights.. sequential type.. and they had this warning
Model Year Compatibility: This kit fits all 2021 + Model Y's and 2020 + Model 3's.

On some 2020 Model Y's this upgrade does not function properly all of the time, as well on 2018 and 2019 Model 3's. If you want to attempt to install this on these model years, we will allow full refund if sent back in 30 days and shipping is not prepaid.

Hi all. Picked up my 2023 SR a couple days ago and already looking at a few mods I’m interested in doing. Fog lights and ambient lighting are at the top of my list. I noticed @SteelClouds posted part numbers to the fog lights. Can I simply just buy those and it’s plug and play from there on? I’d like to keep all the mods as OEM as possible.

@SteelClouds how did you manage to install the ambient lighting?

Thanks in advance you all. Really excited new owner here!

how did you manage to install the ambient lighting?
I bought used fog lights from a bone yard.. plug in swap.. takes about 1/2 hour to 45 mins.. the easiest way is to jack up the car and remove the front wheel then pop the rivits from the front half of the liner. The liner will fold back out of your way so you dont need to remove the entire thing. 3 screws and a cable tie wrap. The passenger side is the harder of the two. but it's easily done. Just make sure the used foglights have good tabs. many are broken.
When I put them in originally, I got the ingenext bonus module to turn them on and to enable the ambient lighting. It does more but thats what I wanted. Total PIA to install because of the very award location and lack of room. But it IS doable with many swear words. A much cleaner solution for the foglights is Sexy Buttons. You now have a button to turn them on and off unlike Ingenext which is on all the time. But they dont offer ambient lighting. . yet.. I should ask for that as a feature :). I use the buttons for precondtioning, foglights, glove box, wipers and the SO's butt warmer. far easier than then using the ipad screen .

I bought used fog lights from a bone yard.. plug in swap.. takes about 1/2 hour to 45 mins.. the easiest way is to jack up the car and remove the front wheel then pop the rivits from the front half of the liner. The liner will fold back out of your way so you dont need to remove the entire thing. 3 screws and a cable tie wrap. The passenger side is the harder of the two. but it's easily done. Just make sure the used foglights have good tabs. many are broken.
When I put them in originally, I got the ingenext bonus module to turn them on and to enable the ambient lighting. It does more but thats what I wanted. Total PIA to install because of the very award location and lack of room. But it IS doable with many swear words. A much cleaner solution for the foglights is Sexy Buttons. You now have a button to turn them on and off unlike Ingenext which is on all the time. But they dont offer ambient lighting. . yet.. I should ask for that as a feature :). I use the buttons for precondtioning, foglights, glove box, wipers and the SO's butt warmer. far easier than then using the ipad screen .
I’ll likely just purchase some used ones. Will they stay on with the daytime running light?

Yeah it seems like the ambient lighting can only be control by the wire loom in the passenger side footwell...so Ingenext is the only feasible option for now...

As for the fog light, I prefer to run them together with the headlights so i don't really care about the switch.
Also already paid for the heaters add-on so pretty much only need Ambient lighting

Just purchased these 2017-2023 TESLA MODEL 3 Y EURO LEFT RIGHT FOG LIGHT LAMPS BLACK NO AMBER CLEAR | eBay

Fingers crossed that they’ll work!

TESLA MODEL 3 FOG LIGHT RIGHT 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 3 PIN LED 1077392-00-F
Left side is 1077391-00-F
do you have any idea what's the difference in 1077391-00-E ? or 1077391-00-F? are all of them the same? I can't find any info on that and don/t see any difference on pictures... I have 2020 m3 performance and after small accident both fog lights missing