Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good news posts...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mark_T

Nov 1, 2017
UK
How about a few good news posts for a change...

It is the nature of these boards to get all the horror stories so let's see if we can redress the balance a little..

Anyone had an accident and all the parts were delivered in under a week... ?

or what about the faultless new car pick-up that required zero re-work on delivery...?

A broken windscreen that was fixed the same day...?

I'll take anything positive right now as the endless complaints and problems are getting a bit discouraging...

How about a few good news posts for a change...

It is the nature of these boards to get all the horror stories so let's see if we can redress the balance a little..

Anyone had an accident and all the parts were delivered in under a week... ?

or what about the faultless new car pick-up that required zero re-work on delivery...?

A broken windscreen that was fixed the same day...?

I'll take anything positive right now as the endless complaints and problems are getting a bit discouraging...
You are funny:). I cringe when I see those post.:confused: I must be somewhat fortunate since the issues I had resolved within a week of discovery (MCU replacement) Since my MS isnt a daily driver I hope i dont encounter some of these challenges when I drive more.

I think it's human nature for us to always want to solve problems. There is no problem to solve when it's good news, right? But, people become interested in solving a problem when there's bad news. It's what makes us creative and innovative. Just some of us humans don't understand what to make of the bad news that makes it depressing.

I saw a study done in 2000, where economy was booming, unemployment at historical lows, money almost growing on trees, and yet 6 out of 7 mainstream media news articles were negative. Problem is, people prefer to read about scandals, sensations, and bad things. Compare these 2 headlines:
  1. "Tesla owner takes the car to work and back. Car works great, nothing happens"
  2. "Tesla owner hits a firetruck, car bursts into flames"
Which do you think would get more views (revenue for news publisher)? Now imagine the same #1 headline is posted every single day, while #2 only every few months.

Reactions: Jashev
Picked up a Model 3 on the 5th with zero issues and good panel gaps, coming up on 1000 miles with it this week.

Have 48,000 miles on the Model S now which only had a few minor issues during that time (12 volt battery warning, flakey autodimming mirror) handled by rangers and the rest just regular maintenance visits. Been quite happy with the cars and Tesla staff I have interacted with over the years.

Reactions: Mark_T
Last Saturday I got the dreaded "12V battery needs to be serviced soon" error.

I was a bit concerned as I had an upcoming trip to Eugene, Oregon.

The SC was closed as I didn't see it until after 3pm so I called the Road Side assistance number, and they said not to worry. That it wasn't immediate, and just try to get an appointment within the next few days.

I left on my trip the next day.

I was in Portland on Monday so I called the SC there just to see if it was possible to have them replace it. I lucked out in that they had a battery, and they could fit me in that day.

They ended up not needing to replace the battery. Apparently it was a firmware related, and an updated firmware fixed it.

So once again I've had great customer service from Tesla.

I am a little surprised I didn't know about the firmware issue. It was the first I heard of it.

The only bad thing that happened I was caught snooping on the Model 3's. I swear I wasn't touching any of them, but I did accidently walk through the "employees only door" to take a look.

Oops. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Mark_T
I picked up my Model 3 today.

Delivery was very quick and easy, employees were all very friendly, and all paperwork was in order. The first three Teslas I purchased were delivered late, but the 3 was on time (which means I got a state incentive that goes away at the end of the month). The first four Teslas all had something wrong (minor, but still) that had to be put on the due bill. But I went over the 3 very carefully (with a flashlight, even - including under the car) and I couldn't find anything wrong. It was a dream to drive home - I have been driving a loaded P90DL Model S (MSRP almost $90k over the 3) for over a year and a half and I am not sure which car I will end up preferring to drive - it could possibly be the 3. Autopilot started working after about 20 miles and worked great; in fact I think it kept me centered in the lane better than our other two cars. I love having the speed control on the scroll wheel.

I was looking carefully, but I can't find a single thing to complain about! I love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jashev and Mark_T
I picked up my Model 3 today.

Delivery was very quick and easy, employees were all very friendly, and all paperwork was in order. The first three Teslas I purchased were delivered late, but the 3 was on time (which means I got a state incentive that goes away at the end of the month). The first four Teslas all had something wrong (minor, but still) that had to be put on the due bill. But I went over the 3 very carefully (with a flashlight, even - including under the car) and I couldn't find anything wrong. It was a dream to drive home - I have been driving a loaded P90DL Model S (MSRP almost $90k over the 3) for over a year and a half and I am not sure which car I will end up preferring to drive - it could possibly be the 3. Autopilot started working after about 20 miles and worked great; in fact I think it kept me centered in the lane better than our other two cars. I love having the speed control on the scroll wheel.

I was looking carefully, but I can't find a single thing to complain about! I love it.

I do have some bad news for you @ChadS. It seems you need to update your Avatar picture to include your new Model 3. Sorry to rain on your parade! :rolleyes:

I had my parking brakes intermittently seizing up on the old MS70D. Got in touch with Vancouver SC, explained the situation and got slotted in immediately the next day as a 'float'. Dropped the car off at 8am, fixed by 2pm. SC managed to fit my car in between others. I distinctly remember Kim from service telling me to bring it in ASAP so she wouldn't worry about me getting stuck and stranded as it was right before the long Family Day weekend in BC. :)

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
have My 2017 MS 75 for over a year now, the only problems I have had is what I did, first lost my valve cap trying to put air in my tires, and the car wash broke a piece off the sliding shelf in my trunk, called service center, I miss understood them, I thought they said call you back, but they sent a car out to me, put on a valve cap, and gave me a new shelf, no charge, I really did try to pay them. The next was my car was not charging right, took to long only 16/mi hr. Called service center, took my car in right then, they couldn't fine any thing wrong, talking to the service guy about my door dings and rock chips, he got two guys to come out with touch up paint and went over my whole car, and fixed ever one of them. They told me to check my breaker for the charging problem. I did try to pay them, wound't take my money, and with the help from this forum here, it was a very, very easy fix. The staff here at the Kansas City service center, and the Tesla Store, are the best. They do it the way it should be done. I love My Tesla.

Two CPO deliveries in the last two years. Both were flawless. Cars delivered on time (a bit earlier actually than I thought), both beautifully conditioned. Two years of flawless service from the SvC (shout out to Owings Mills). There were a few issues with my first CPO a few months into ownership. SvC went above and beyond my expectations, problems always resolved quickly and loaners available. Had a 12v battery issue with my current car a few weeks after purchase. Offered to pop down, but they sent the Ranger who arrived the next morning and replaced the battery. I couldn't be happier with my experiences and my cars.

Here's a good news story for you... I mentioned previously that I inherited my Model S from my father when he passed away last year (The car was purchased new and used in Toronto, Canada - I live in Orlando, Florida)... It took a bit of effort to find the right person, but when I did, Tesla sent me so many helpful documentation so I can seamlessly import the car from Canada to the US and get it titled and registered here.

Super classy move, really can't thank them enough for the effort they put in to get me my father's Tesla.