Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good News?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Touché. I do remember it getting noticed but you're right that no one postulated that they might ditch that front cross beam.

I think the new things we got was the rear spoiler.... And more storage/cupholder spaces in the car.

The three things they took away from the prototype was the side cameras, the square buttons on the steering wheel, and folding second row seats.

Otherwise I think the car is pretty much exactly like they showed it three years ago. Which is great that for the most part they release what they concept.

And then if course they dramatically improved the tech and features inside the car.

.......snip...... I think the car is pretty much exactly like they showed it three years ago. Which is great that for the most part they release what they concept.

And then if course they dramatically improved the tech and features inside the car.
speaking of features inside - the OC Register this AM reports Autopilot will be throttled back - as idiot youtube'rs post vids showing how to be an idiot & not pay the consequences (ie; hands off wheel, shaving, putting shmear of cream cheese on bagels etc). Talk about instant Tesla (joint & severally) liability - given enough rope & time, some of these analwipes will be flying down the freeway - climbing out the window & surfing from atop their 6 figure toy -

speaking of features inside - the OC Register this AM reports Autopilot will be throttled back - as idiot youtube'rs post vids showing how to be an idiot & not pay the consequences (ie; hands off wheel, shaving, putting shmear if cream cheese on bagels etc). Talk about instant Tesla (joint & severally) liability - given enough rope & time, some of these analwipes will be flying down the freeway - climbing out the window & surfing from atop their 6 figure toy -

Yes that was stated by Elon on the conference call... This is why we can't have nice things... Just make use of the seat sensor and wheel sensor they already have and require that your belt be buckled, and butt in the seat and at least touching the wheel... Done, no more stupid people.

Yes, that's true but what really needs to happen is tort reform in this ridiculously over-litigious country of ours. That's REALLY why we can't have nice things. And it's not even an issue anymore and it hasn't been since Clinton ran in '92. Shame on us.

Sorry, couldn't resist a short rant, please forgive me. :)

speaking of features inside - the OC Register this AM reports Autopilot will be throttled back - as idiot youtube'rs post vids showing how to be an idiot & not pay the consequences (ie; hands off wheel, shaving, putting shmear of cream cheese on bagels etc). Talk about instant Tesla (joint & severally) liability - given enough rope & time, some of these analwipes will be flying down the freeway - climbing out the window & surfing from atop their 6 figure toy -

i watched a couple of those videos; however when I did a S90D test drive last week (to see what auto pilot was like) the car would not let me remove my hand from the wheel for more than 15 or 20 seconds before it started complaining. So it sounds like some of the changes are already in place.