Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Place to buy rims in Seattle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a good place in the Seattle area to buy rims? I just got off the phone with the local service center who informed me that standard 19" rims are now $500 each. Is it me or is that kind of crazy? That's almost twice the quote I got about six months ago when I was told they were going for $275 each. I can get a set of matte, gunmetal Nurburgring for less than $2000, so why buy from Tesla?

Can anyone recommend a good place in the Seattle area to buy rims? I just got off the phone with the local service center who informed me that standard 19" rims are now $500 each. Is it me or is that kind of crazy? That's almost twice the quote I got about six months ago when I was told they were going for $275 each. I can get a set of matte, gunmetal Nurburgring for less than $2000, so why buy from Tesla?

I find this a little odd that you were quoted $275 for19" rims 6 months ago from our SC when they didn't even have any in stock. They were out of stock from October through January and they were $500 during that time. I took delivery of my MS in November but we wanted an extra tire mounted on a rim because of the type of road we live on. We wanted to carry a spare with us but none of the local SC had any due yo the winter tire packages being sold in Europe with their new cars just starting to be sent over there. Sort of beside the point. I think someone may gave misquoted you unless you were quoted before September of last year when we ordered our car.

One thing I've found with the tesla wheel is that it includes TPMS. Many of the other don't. By the time you then add TPMS how much is it. Also if. You have a non tesla tire and you want tesla to mount or un mount the wheel they won't touch the wheel unless. They ar doing an alignment during your "annual service visit" but I've been told that unless we've pre paid that May change to ie: if we out non tesla wheels on our car we may not get. An alignment included (would cheaper)

Ah, it was the mods being prudish. Carry on, then!

I think you'd find the majority of the mods can be pretty over the line. :)

However we have a job to do & the forum rules are 'family friendly', and unlike most car forums, strives to be welcoming to all age groups and genders. As Nigel stated, use the general rule of thumb and ask yourself 'would it be allowed on prime time television?'. If no, it probably won't be allowed here.

Try not to make our jobs more difficult. It's a volunteer position. We're all adults, we all know the rules -- why put us in the position of always having to enforce? Why not step up and self-enforce and give us a break, instead of responding with calling us prudes?

Hey, mods, sorry about the off-color joke. That was a misguided attempt at humor, and I did not mean to offend anyone or to make your jobs harder.

I find this a little odd that you were quoted $275 for19" rims 6 months ago from our SC when they didn't even have any in stock. They were out of stock from October through January and they were $500 during that time. I took delivery of my MS in November but we wanted an extra tire mounted on a rim because of the type of road we live on. We wanted to carry a spare with us but none of the local SC had any due yo the winter tire packages being sold in Europe with their new cars just starting to be sent over there. Sort of beside the point. I think someone may gave misquoted you unless you were quoted before September of last year when we ordered our car.

One thing I've found with the tesla wheel is that it includes TPMS. Many of the other don't. By the time you then add TPMS how much is it. Also if. You have a non tesla tire and you want tesla to mount or un mount the wheel they won't touch the wheel unless. They ar doing an alignment during your "annual service visit" but I've been told that unless we've pre paid that May change to ie: if we out non tesla wheels on our car we may not get. An alignment included (would cheaper)

The quote I received last year was, in fact, given in mid-September. I should have bought them then! Today, the quote that was emailed came out to $2564 for four 19" rims plus TPMS (which are $125 each). I'm not sure if that total price includes taxes or labor, but a guy on the phone told me labor would be extra. I'm going with TSW Nurburgrings from Discount Tires which will run me $312 each. I'm not sure whether I should buy the TPMS from Tesla or from the wheel/tire guys ($70 apiece). Does anyone have any input or advice on that? Are all TPMS created equally like the Discount Tire guy claims? Or is it worth it to pay more and get them from Tesla?

He's probably correct and they're all created equally. That's a fantastic price btw. Would you mind posting a pic once you have them? We've been talking about getting an extra set for our haakas for winter so we don't have to run our studs for six months of the year and I only like the cyclones from tesla. I don't want to pay for the OEMs again.