Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good portable air compressor for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A year ago I bought the cheap $30 gooloo air compressor on amazon. It’s worked fine used 10-20 times now. The version I bought appears to be replaced by a newer version that is $42, but has the added and very welcome feature of inflating to a set pressure so less guesswork wondering when it’s done. For $42 I’d say it’s worth a try..

I bought this one on Amazon US almost 2 years ago and it still works great. There are various clones and variations of this model on Amazon Canada.

The only draw back is that the tire pressure reading displayed on the unit is +/- 2 PSI off from what my hand gauge says.
I usually over inflate the tire and then use my hand gauge's air bleed feature to dial in the target PSI.

• Love
Reactions: coolmanfever
If you're just looking to top-up your tires, a regular bicycle pump works great. About ten pumps gets you one PSI. I have actually pumped-up a flat with a bicycle pump but it was a heavy workout. Took about ten minutes with several resting breaks.

1.jpg8304B146-3D83-436D-912B-7AAC7157F768DefaultHQ.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Vawlkus
If you're just looking to top-up your tires, a regular bicycle pump works great. About ten pumps gets you one PSI. I have actually pumped-up a flat with a bicycle pump but it was a heavy workout. Took about ten minutes with several resting breaks.

1.jpg8304B146-3D83-436D-912B-7AAC7157F768DefaultHQ.jpg

Hey don’t laugh!! I mostly use my bike pump to top up tires on all my vehicles! With the leaks being very slow the need to top up is like once every three months. And the gauge on my bike pump is very accurate so it’s easy to get consistent pressures on all tires. And takes very little pumping.

I purchased this a couple months ago while it was on sale: Air Compressor Oasser Tire Inflator Portable Electric Air Inflator Suitable for Cars Bicycles Balls and Other Inflatables with Digital LCD Guage Li-ion 130psi 12V P2 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075TX6VQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_C0F9EbD4SCRBJ

It works great for filling up the tires in both cars when swapping from winter to summer and vice versa. I used it to inflate kids toys as well and to top up any tires due to temperature fluctuation. It’s battery powered and comes with the ability to be plugged into the 12V outlet in the car. Comes with a storage case with cutouts inside for each piece so that they don’t roll around in the case.

I purchased this a couple months ago while it was on sale: Air Compressor Oasser Tire Inflator Portable Electric Air Inflator Suitable for Cars Bicycles Balls and Other Inflatables with Digital LCD Guage Li-ion 130psi 12V P2 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075TX6VQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_C0F9EbD4SCRBJ

It works great for filling up the tires in both cars when swapping from winter to summer and vice versa. I used it to inflate kids toys as well and to top up any tires due to temperature fluctuation. It’s battery powered and comes with the ability to be plugged into the 12V outlet in the car. Comes with a storage case with cutouts inside for each piece so that they don’t roll around in the case.

this one looks nice, but almost $100 right now. How much did you get it for?