Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good portable air compressor for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Milwaukee M12 and M18 fuel tools, so it made sense for me to get the M12 inflator too. Great for topping up tires and inflating air mattresses, sports balls, and more. Pricey but worth it.

dmd2005 already mentioned it, but this little Milwaukee compressor is awesome, I also cycle a lot and it works awesome for this too. I just wished it would work to blow up my SUP's.

Now at Costco downtown vancouver.. air hawk max 12v...$60
Looks similar to post 23 above

8A7C5141-E2AA-4702-A573-F808F813D70C.jpeg
EA53FA05-96F6-404A-AD7C-C5BECB559292.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: jjtsl
I got this MasterCraft piece on sale (can't remember price, want to say $40). It does sealant as well, and they have these in stock for replacements (they can sort of expire though, don't stock up). I didn't want to do a lot of research and I know where I can find compatible sealant easily.

I've used it a lot (sealant function once) and it's just fine. Surprised to hear all the reports of the Tesla one failing and the MasterCraft cheapo is chugging along :p

The issues it has are mostly unclear (and contradictory) labelling/instructions, plus the included sealant bottle I have to manually pop the plug out to let the sealant flow. Otherwise it has served its purpose well. Cord is plenty long enough and it's never blown the 12V e-fuse.

I had the air hawk maybe 10 years ago and battery died with no replacement so will not buy again. I had a cheap 12v one on sale but when came time to use it I think it rusted after few years.

I was considering the milwaukee at around $100 as I'm a fan of the m12 fuel line.

I just bought the cordless dewalt inflator for $119 at home depot. It uses dewalt batteries, 12v car adapter, and even plug. Can inflate everything and it's automatic. .https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt-20v-cordless-inflator/1001515188

I had the air hawk maybe 10 years ago and battery died with no replacement so will not buy again. I had a cheap 12v one on sale but when came time to use it I think it rusted after few years.

I was considering the milwaukee at around $100 as I'm a fan of the m12 fuel line.

I just bought the cordless dewalt inflator for $119 at home depot. It uses dewalt batteries, 12v car adapter, and even plug. Can inflate everything and it's automatic. .https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt-20v-cordless-inflator/1001515188
I did try the air hawk from Costco and it just felt like a cheap piece of junk that I wouldn’t trust. I returned it..

Reactions: akidesir
Reactions: M109Rider
When I was shopping for a tire inflator, I wanted something that could be powered by the 12V accessory socket. In my research, I found that the Model 3 socket is "suitable for accessories requiring up to 12A continuous draw (16A peak)" (taken from the manual). Most compressors I found were rated at 15A - and who knows how high the draw might be at startup, or if the ratings are accurate. To be safe and not risk blowing a fuse, I opted for a pump rated at 12A:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ca...with-led-light-100-psi-and-nozzles/1001112491

It has served me well over the past year (used it a lot due to some tire pressure issues I was experiencing). It is super compact but is fairly slow and loud (like most compressors). Also easy on the wallet. I would recommend it for top-ups but probably not for inflating from empty.