Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

good reason to install a destination charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any good links to articles citing the benefits to a business of installing a charging station? I recently stayed in a hotel without a charger (they offered me a 110 outlet). I sent them the link to the Tesla destination charger program but wondered if there were other sites that also outlined the benefits of providing free charging.

Good timing..

Here's a letter I wrote just yesterday to my favourite hotel that does not have EV charging... let's see if they bite. The attachment was a copy of the chain's own corporate sustainability policy, taken from their web site.

----

Hello, please forward this email to the general manager at Jasper Park Lodge, with attachment.

I have been a guest at JPL many times and, in fact, got married there years ago. My travel needs have changed recently. In keeping with the times and new levels of awareness for reducing environmental impact I have chosen an electric vehicle as the new family car. We’ve recently made driving trips with this car to hotels in Calgary, Banff, Kamloops, Revelstoke, and Vancouver. Hotels chosen in all of these places offer electric vehicle charging as a free amenity. We now select hotels based on those having EV charging stations. As far as I know, JPL does not.

I’d like to get back to Jasper Park Lodge and we’re even thinking of holding a wedding anniversary reunion there. To help make this possible please consider adding an EV charging station (or two) for travellers like me. The community of Tesla car owners is growing in Edmonton! All of us would be stranded upon arrival at JPL because that distance exhausts the range of a full charge, there’d be no way home. EV charging stations are a necessary enabler to get our business.

I would love to talk to you more about making a good EV charging experience and can discuss electrical facilities needed to make this happen. I will also connect you with Tesla Motors (Vancouver). The store owner there will describe what Tesla can offer JPL - a free destination charging station. You just need to install it!

Having this charger literally puts JPL on navigational maps as a viable destination for people like me who need to know a charge is available there for trip planning purposes. When installed, Tesla will advertise JPL location as a “destination charging location” on the in-vehicle web browser and navigation systems. You set the terms for use of the charger, as for guest only, or public-at-large.

I have some suggestions for you, and am looking forward to your call, or email, to help this along.

Regards,

--------