Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good service experience in Paramus, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's easy to find posts about horrible service experiences. As much as I think they're important in order to help inform others on the board and help service centers change, I also think it's important to post about good experiences. Here is my experience with my local service center in Paramus, NJ.

I made an appointment to bring the car in for service this past Monday for a problem I was having with the autopilot system. It didn't want to engage and wouldn't show other cars around mine in the instrument cluster. A couple of days before my appointment I received an email with a list of additional items they were going to address during the service appointment. One was a recall replacing the front passenger airbag. The other was another recall to replace the steering rack bolts. I was pleasantly surprised to have these addressed during the service appointment.

Long story short, they were able to address everything. The autopilot issue was actually my fault. I zip tied my license plate bracket in front of the front radar as I didn't want to drill into the nose cone. They removed the bracket and it worked again.

If I'm being picky, I did have a couple issues with the service. First, I texted the service advisor a couple times for status updates and got no response. I also called once or twice and couldn't reach anyone. Second, when I picked up the car, they told me about the license plate bracket interfering with the radar. When I went to leave I walked to the front of the car to see where they put the bracket, and to my surprise there was no bracket! I went back and asked what they did with it, he said they just put it in the frunk. Now, I'm glad they didn't just go ahead and drill it in but they didn't say anything to me at all. My state requires front plates and are quick to give tickets without one. They did walk through some options with me but that was after I brought it to their attention. At that point I also spoke to them about how my sliding armrests don't lock at the top or bottom of the slide. The service advisor said he would dispatch a mobile unit to address this issue. Hopefully he follows through with it.