Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good service from the Buena Park, Ca SC - Thanks Don W.!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to share my personal service center experience that started out good, turned bad, and then ultimately was the best service I have ever experienced from any auto manufacturer!!! We always hear about the "bad" experiences, but hardly ever hear about the "good" experiences, this story is a little lengthy but well worth the read!!!!

I live in Southern California, specifically the I.E. (Chino) and work in Downey, I purchased my 2013 P85 CPO from the Buena Park SC back in April of this year, from time to time I will swing by the BP SC to charge my car. At the end of October I was running some errands and stopped by the BP SC to charge, while there I thought I would make an appointment to address some issues that the car was having, nothing major at the moment. I forgot the name of the person that I spoke to, but he and a female employee sit at a desk in the customer lounge area, I explained to this employee that I wanted to make a future appoint for the week of thanksgiving, my family and I were flying to Hawaii that Monday (11/20/17), so I made the appointment for the Friday before (11/17/17) to drop off the car, I explained that I would be out of town that following week and would return the following Monday (11/27/17) but wouldn't be able to pick up the car until that Tuesday (11/28/17). This employee stated that as long as I didn't take a loaner vehicle, it wouldn't be an issue. My appt. was set and I was on my way, as my original appt. date started approaching, I realized that I was not gonna be able to drop it off on that Friday (11/17/17). I called the 800 # and explained the situation, I asked if I could instead drop off the car the next day Saturday (11/18/17) and was told that it wouldn’t be a problem. Saturday (11/18/17) comes around, I leave work and my wife and children are on their way to the BP SC to meet up because I was leaving my car and not getting a loaner. It’s about 4:30pm on a Saturday, I walk into service and explain I had an appt. to leave my car for some work to be done next week. Don Weihe looks up the appt’s for that day and basically says he doesn’t see anything for me in the system. I stated that my original appt. was the day before but I couldn’t make it in and that I called the 800 # to change it. He stated that nothing was entered into the system that basically there was no way I would be able to leave my car because there were no space available anywhere to store my vehicle because parts had to be ordered. At this time my wife and kids pull up and I start asking for a manager or someone up the food chain. Nobody was available, Don keeps insisting that there was nothing he could do at that time. I was pissed to say the least, I knew it wasn’t Don’s fault so there was no reason to take it out on him. He explains that he can get a tech to start going over my concerns to start the write up and make an appt. for when I return. I agree and we go over my concerns, we schedule an appt. for the Tuesday the day after I come back from vacation (11/28/17), before I leave, he states that he notices I was due for my 1st annual service. He apologizes over and over and tells me, since Tesla did not follow through with what I was told, he was going to cover my 1st annual service for me when I return!!!!!

A week later (11/28/17) I return and walk straight up to Don, he remembered me and immediately stated that apologized and that it would be a few days to cover all of the concerns that I had about my MS. I said that’s fine, please see about getting me a MS loaner, he walked over to another SA and came back with an MS fob and said here is your MS loaner. It was a 2014 P85+, I was fine with that, I then asked if it was possible to get my MS detailed, he basically said consider it done!!! Once again we went over my concerns and he stated that some items usually have to be charged, but he was going to “good will” them for me because of what happened. At that point I did feel more at ease, but I still was feeling a little apprehensive because he was offering a lot of “freebies” that could have easily added up to $1000!!!!

I get a call yesterday (12/04/17) that my car would be ready tomorrow for pick up after 3pm, I said sounds well and will see you tomorrow. This morning Don calls me and says that I can pick up my car today at noon, I replied with perfect!!!! I would be able to go over at lunch time to pick up my car. I get to the dealer and my car is in a supercharger stall charging, I park the loaner and walk straight to my car to admire how “brand new” my car looks!!!!! It was detailed back to a brand new car!!! I mean literally, inside and out!!!! I walk into service and Don spots me right away, he grabs my paperwork and we start going over everything. There’s about 10 items that were covered including the annual service and the other concerns that I had. Everything was addressed and then he starts to say that they went ahead with a level III full detail which included a buff and wax!!!!! He said that alone was about $450, this is where I was waiting for the “final amount due”, but because I was a cool head with what had happened, Tesla covered everything!!!!

I couldn’t thank him enough for everything that was done for me and my car, I truly thanked him and plan to drop his manager a well-deserved recognition of good customer service!!!!

So if you’re ever taking your car to the BP SC, ask for Don Weihe.

C.B.