TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Good Solar Home and EV show in Golden, CO yesterday (Sat., Oct. 3, 2015)

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by Panoz, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Panoz

Panoz Member

The owner of Golden Real Estate, Jim Smith, held a Solar Home day at his business. He owns at least one Tesla (maybe 2?) and reserved his parking lot yesterday for EVs and hybrids. I have never seen one business have such a dedication to solar and sustainable energy. He has a 10kW solar array at his business and is getting another one. He also had an electric bicycle manufacturer in the parking lot demonstrating their electric-assist bicycles, and some Tesla owners were giving test drives in their cars.

It's efforts like Golden Real Estate that certainly help the EV cause. I would hope owners in states where Tesla is prohibited from selling their cars would do the same.

Golden_1.JPG Golden_2.JPG Golden_3.JPG Golden_4.JPG

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Doh! I saw the flyers at work for the solar home show but they didn't mention anything about EVs so I didn't research more. Maybe next year...

This weekend has been unusually foggy, so not the best for a solar home and EV show!

3. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Awesome photos! He is definitely setting a good example.

4. huntjo

huntjo Member

Is this one on plugshare?

5. Tyl

Tyl Member

Golden Real Estate is setting a great example! There are indeed others, some small, others very large. Check out Google's campus in Mountain View CA to see a very large business with lots of solar and many, many places to plug in and charge. I'm guessing hundreds. (although just for Google employees) Tesla itself, in Fremont CA is another location with charging stalls all over the place. We, as owners, notice and certainly support these businesses big and small just as we do the companies that have superchargers on their properties. To see such commitment to solar and charging by Golden Real Estate would make them my realtor of choice if and when I needed a realtor in CO! Awesome!... just awesome!