TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Good Tesla Article in Tampa Tribune

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Lawsteve, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

2. Sparky

Sparky Member

Nice article. Thanks.
    Kind of the perfect rejoinder to "electric cars are glorified golf carts"; i.e., ICE cars are glorified lawnmowers.

3. YoungStranger

YoungStranger Member

Thats excellent. I like the analogy to lawn mowers. Its like a kids playground argument.:tongue:
    "Electric cars! Huh! They're golf carts!"
    "Well your ICE is a lawnmower!"

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Kudos to Mr. Mullins. I looked for something to nitpick (on the facts) and didn't find anything in my first pass. I can't remember the last time that's happened for any post/article/blog/rant/babble that included "Tesla" in its contents. Well done, sir.

5. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

6. Soflason

Soflason Member

+1

Great article, going to see some serious increase in walk-in traffic at the Tampa Service Center (down here in FL) for sure after reading that piece...

7. polyphase

polyphase Member

The columnist was clearly wowed by his test drive, as everybody is. He overstates some things in his enthusiasm

makes it sound like superchargers are ubiquitous.

We all agree the spit and polish of the MS is not up to the level of top line competitors but, oh, that touchscreen does a great job of misdirecting your view.

I'm not bashing the column. I like the metaphors. It will get more people through the door, as you say, and the jaw-dropping performance trumps any minor quibble about trim levels.