Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good thing I don't have a model 3 yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last 3 weeks I have avoided a ladder falling out of a truck in front of me merging onto the 16 freeway. (It fell into the back of the truck off the roof but it was close).

Then the next week a bucket flew out of a truck in the carpool lane, handle hooked onto the truck before falling out, giving me time to slow way down and get in another lane.

Then today another bucket fell out of a truck while going over a bridge in the next lane over. It went rolling down that lane and right as I was passing it, turned sideways and slammed into my car, I swerved a bit but realized it was too late. Smashed into the front of my car and kicked it into the next lane over.

I got lucky and it hit my front plate and lower bumper on my volt which already had some damage from the previous owner. If this was a model 3 I'm thinking the damage would have required a complete new front bumper.

Starting to wonder if I should even buy a new car at this point. That's one incident per week!

Reactions: Scrutmonkey
In the last 3 weeks I have avoided a ladder falling out of a truck in front of me merging onto the 16 freeway. (It fell into the back of the truck off the roof but it was close).

Then the next week a bucket flew out of a truck in the carpool lane, handle hooked onto the truck before falling out, giving me time to slow way down and get in another lane.

Then today another bucket fell out of a truck while going over a bridge in the next lane over. It went rolling down that lane and right as I was passing it, turned sideways and slammed into my car, I swerved a bit but realized it was too late. Smashed into the front of my car and kicked it into the next lane over.

I got lucky and it hit my front plate and lower bumper on my volt which already had some damage from the previous owner. If this was a model 3 I'm thinking the damage would have required a complete new front bumper.

Starting to wonder if I should even buy a new car at this point. That's one incident per week!
Looks like you NEED a model 3 ASAP as it is the safest car out there.

Reactions: Glamisduner

You sound like one of those guys from the "Final Destination" movie. You need the 3 or Semi or else you're doomed ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Lem89
No. All you have to do is avoid following trucks. :)
I wasn't following any of them... 1 truck got in front of me in the carpool lane right as the bucket shifted loose. Another truck got the light first at the highway on-ramp, and the last one where I hit the bucket wasn't even in the same lane. My focus (which the volt replaced) hit a package that fell out of a truck this year too, also merged over in front of me as I was merging off the 15 and onto the 163, semi on the left and a car on the right, I had no choice but to plow it over. It cracked my bumper.

I wasn't following any of them... 1 truck got in front of me in the carpool lane right as the bucket shifted loose. Another truck got the light first at the highway on-ramp, and the last one where I hit the bucket wasn't even in the same lane. My focus (which the volt replaced) hit a package that fell out of a truck this year too, also merged over in front of me as I was merging off the 15 and onto the 163, semi on the left and a car on the right, I had no choice but to plow it over. It cracked my bumper.

I would wait for Force Field upgrade being added to AP. ;)

All kidding aside - really glad that you were not injured in any of these incidences.