TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Good thing I don't have a model 3 yet.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Glamisduner, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

In the last 3 weeks I have avoided a ladder falling out of a truck in front of me merging onto the 16 freeway. (It fell into the back of the truck off the roof but it was close).

Then the next week a bucket flew out of a truck in the carpool lane, handle hooked onto the truck before falling out, giving me time to slow way down and get in another lane.

Then today another bucket fell out of a truck while going over a bridge in the next lane over. It went rolling down that lane and right as I was passing it, turned sideways and slammed into my car, I swerved a bit but realized it was too late. Smashed into the front of my car and kicked it into the next lane over.

I got lucky and it hit my front plate and lower bumper on my volt which already had some damage from the previous owner. If this was a model 3 I'm thinking the damage would have required a complete new front bumper.

Starting to wonder if I should even buy a new car at this point. That's one incident per week!

• Like x 1
  2. mekberg

mekberg Member

The week before my Model 3 delivery and corresponding trade-in everyone on the road was trying their hardest to crash into me. In one incident I had to swerve hard left toward a median divided highway. I almost jumped the curb.

Since delivery things have been great - knock on wood.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Looks like you NEED a model 3 ASAP as it is the safest car out there.

• Like x 1
  4. Glamisduner

Or go back to driving my truck so I can just run over ladders and buckets without issue.

Oops it was the 15 freeway 16 is a typo :)

5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Or maybe you need the Tesla Semi.

• Like x 1
  6. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

I agree with @Garlan Garner. Given these events, you probably need a Tesla Semi instead. Good things come to those who wait. Then you can drop buckets and ladders on other trucks as revenge. :p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. mekberg

mekberg Member

While out-accelerating them.

• Funny x 2
  8. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

You sound like one of those guys from the "Final Destination" movie. You need the 3 or Semi or else you're doomed ;)

• Funny x 1
  9. bthienthai

bthienthai Member

[QUOTE="

Starting to wonder if I should even buy a new car at this point. That's one incident per week![/QUOTE]

No. All you have to do is avoid following trucks. :)

10. Glamisduner

I wasn't following any of them... 1 truck got in front of me in the carpool lane right as the bucket shifted loose. Another truck got the light first at the highway on-ramp, and the last one where I hit the bucket wasn't even in the same lane. My focus (which the volt replaced) hit a package that fell out of a truck this year too, also merged over in front of me as I was merging off the 15 and onto the 163, semi on the left and a car on the right, I had no choice but to plow it over. It cracked my bumper.

11. 9erDog

9erDog Member

I would wait for Force Field upgrade being added to AP. ;)

All kidding aside - really glad that you were not injured in any of these incidences.

12. thelastdeadmouse

Last week I caught a large rock in the windshield of my Volt that turned into a foot long crack before I could get it repaired. Frustrating at first but later I was really happy that I haven't gotten my 3 yet.

• Like x 1