Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good time to lease a Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great points said... thanks everyone. So then you would pick the long range over the performance?

With Tesla, in reality, there is no "non-performance" model. Truth is, even the cars not deemed performance are far superior in performance to their gas counterparts. The performance models are really what I would call "hyper performance". So, unless you're looking for super car type performance, you'll be VERY satisfied with a non-performance model (that I just said doesn't exist o_O). The extra miles of range will come in handy, especially on a Model X, and particularly if you tow anything at all.

In the whole buy now/wait/lease discussion, don't spend any more time than necessary studying the problem. Study it "enough," and then make a decision and go with it. For those like me who didn't own a Tesla already, every day spent without the car is not as good as a day with the car. I am very happy with the 2016 MX I have. I'm happy that others are being offered more capability than I was offered, but that doesn't make me feel bad about my decision at all. In the time that passed while waiting on some nebulous date for the next update, I was enjoying driving my car. I'd do the exact same thing again.

Reactions: P85_DA and Bigriver