Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Time to Sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the chip shortage-related car production issues, would now be a good time to sell an MX for more than what you would usually get for a used vehicle?

Has anyone sold or bought an MX recently and was the price higher than usual for a used vehicle?

I just bought mine from tesla website. 2018 X 75D with 6 seaters and the center console for 76k with 44k miles.

It was more than I cared to pay but coming from tesla instead of Vroom made all the sense in the world.

I was looking at local dealerships but they wanted 85K+ for similar setups.

I just bought mine from tesla website. 2018 X 75D with 6 seaters and the center console for 76k with 44k miles.

It was more than I cared to pay but coming from tesla instead of Vroom made all the sense in the world.

I was looking at local dealerships but they wanted 85K+ for similar setups.
Guess I should have bought my 2018 lease. X75, 21kmiles, 5 seater, EAP. $53k

Really good time to sell. I received an offer from Vroom for $50k. I have a 2016 90D with 79k miles (6 seat interior). I’m confident in the offer because I sold another car (bmw) to Vroom 3 weeks ago and they gave me $3800 over carvana and Carmax’s offer.
how did it go?

Has a ton of terrible stories on it. Just be careful. Its bad when you had an F- grade from the BBB and the BBB still revoke your ranking.

how did it go?

Has a ton of terrible stories on it. Just be careful. Its bad when you had an F- grade from the BBB and the BBB still revoke your ranking.
It was really easy. Received the quote for the bmw by filling out the online request and since it was a lease I had to send in the payoff letter and other docs. A few days later they sent a DocuSign. Then I received an email to schedule pick up and the person came out within 5 days. The quote was 100% accurate with what they paid at the end. I had 5 months left on the lease (which I put zero down when bought), the offer from vroom covered the payoff that included the remaining payments and a surplus of $3800. First time I made money upon unloading a leased vehicle. I’d recommend vroom.

I just bought a 2017 75D with 38k miles for around 66k (local dealership).

I traded in my M3 SR+ and they gave me a great deal on the trade in, it felt like I was driving the M3 for free for the last few years.

Will be fascinating to see if used X's still keep appreciating until into next year once they finally start making them again. Kinda crazy I could sell it for more now than what I paid for it in November.

I know. It's insane. We just sold ours for about $9k more than we would've gotten for it had we sold six months ago.

I think it's partly a function of used car demand, but also a function of 0 new Model X availability. I'm sure prices will come down once the new ones are released.

I just bought a 2017 75D with 38k miles for around 66k (local dealership).

I traded in my M3 SR+ and they gave me a great deal on the trade in, it felt like I was driving the M3 for free for the last few years.
I paid 11k less for the 90D with 28k miles 2 months ago.

I sold my Panamera and MDX to CarMax and they paid more than KBB. I was surprised at the offer for the MDX because the car was well used with very little tire tread left. I'm thinking about selling my wife's Volt as well because my company said I only need to come in 1 day per week. 😌

Reactions: MX29
I paid 11k less for the 90D with 28k miles 2 months ago.

I sold my Panamera and MDX to CarMax and they paid more than KBB. I was surprised at the offer for the MDX because the car was well used with very little tire tread left. I'm thinking about selling my wife's Volt as well because my company said I only need to come in 1 day per week. 😌
That's a nice deal. Probably has the premium package too.

For me, it was kind of a wash since I was offered almost 8k more for my trade in compared to last year.

Reactions: tengtengvn
Has anyone been able to sell their Tesla mid-lease? My Model X is leased but I’m considering selling it private party due to a change in work and trying to lower payments.

I got a lease payoff amount for the car, if I pay it off is Tesla going to make me register the vehicle under my name? Or can I pay it off and resell it to a private party? I’m trying to avoid getting hit with the sales tax when I register.

I got a lease payoff amount for the car, if I pay it off is Tesla going to make me register the vehicle under my name? Or can I pay it off and resell it to a private party?

Tesla (or any other leasing company for that matter) will make you register the car in your name. Leasing companies don't let leasees transfer ownership to third parties.

The alternative would be a lease assumption, where the third party takes over your lease.

Carvana's offer is pretty good.
Yes, I've tried them. I guess I'll need to call. Thanks for the info.
1626446707720.png