Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

good tyres vs chinese tyres.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I buy 1 good tyre( like the ones that came with my car from factory) its over 4 times price as getting a set of chinese tyres.

I work in car industry and get trade price on chinese tyres.
I live in new zealand so we dont have winter tyres (not cold enough)here in case it matters...

Which way to go...
Car is running 20"

Hi

What’s the name/make of these Chinese ones?

Generally speaking you don’t want to ideally mike your tyres if buying one is buy two and replace both fronts or rear.

Over here in the UK there are a couple of “cheaper” brands which are actually really well reviewed, I’ve not used them myself but the only issue is they tend to wear quicker.

My honest advice would be get the most you can afford, on an expensive and heavy car you don’t want crap rubber.

And a bottle of White-Out for extended wear :)

If the China tires have proper load baring capability, and you do not do high speeds or hard cornering, and you can get them super cheap, they might be tempting.

I had Chen Chang tires on my golf cart. Replaced them with new Michelins and the difference in ride and directional stability were dramatic.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
I don’t think you can get MPSS in the sizes for the MX on either 20 or 22” rims but from the first time I’ve used them through to now I just love them!

Stick to the road like glue when both hot and cold which was great in the UK as were mainly cold :)

I can only speak from experience but in fairness i didn't drive them in snow but rain and light ice they where fine but that on a 350z which is 3,188–3,602 lb (1,446–1,634 kg) so a fair bit lighter than the model x but i'd used a few different ones and fell in love with them.

So if I buy 1 good tyre( like the ones that came with my car from factory) its over 4 times price as getting a set of chinese tyres.

I work in car industry and get trade price on chinese tyres.
I live in new zealand so we dont have winter tyres (not cold enough)here in case it matters...

Which way to go...
Car is running 20"

Pretty much anything made anywhere is most likely better than chinese made. It's getting very, very hard to do, but I'd gladly pay more to get things that are not made in china.