Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

good weekend sport car that complement well with model 3 owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally fall into your category, but I get the premise of the thread.

The Model 3 is amazing. As my wife says, it quietly glides down the road in a surreal way. And when it’s doing it on autopilot it’s just flat out sci-fi. It’s like it somewhat disengages you from the fact that you’re driving a car and has you feeling like you’re simply moving through space.

Sometimes people miss that engagement that you get from feeling/hearing the rumbles and variations you get from an engine and traditional transmission. I think that’s all it is (but someone can correct me if I’m wrong).
For me, while it's kind of fun rowing through the gears and running the engine through the RPMS for the sound, the biggest difference is the handling, nimbleness, feedback, and responsiveness of a good sports car. For a sedan, the Model 3 is very good in all of these areas, and for a 4,000 pound sedan it's remarkable, but it really can't compete with a 2,000 pound mid engine sports car with manual steering. The feel of the road through the steering wheel and the seat of your pants, the ability to change directions on a dime, and run it hard without the brakes fading is very appealing.

I personally fall into your category, but I get the premise I think that’s all it is (but someone can correct me if I’m wrong).
For me personally, I still like having a small and light car (in addition to having a manual transmission).

The Model 3 is agile for how large and heavy it is, but it’s still 4,000 pounds. Something like a Miata is half the weight, and feels nimble and lively as a result.

I’m personally pretty perplexed by the “BMW 3 Series” answer I’m seeing elsewhere in this thread. It’s just like a Model 3 only…gassier.

For me personally, I still like having a small and light car (in addition to having a manual transmission).

The Model 3 is agile for how large and heavy it is, but it’s still 4,000 pounds. Something like a Miata is half the weight, and feels nimble and lively as a result.

I’m personally pretty perplexed by the “BMW 3 Series” answer I’m seeing elsewhere in this thread. It’s just like a Model 3 only…gassier.
A current BMW 3 series, yeah maybe.... but I know my E90 with 6MT does not feel anything like the Model 3.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Corvette if you want a true sports car. Or, we have a WRX that we use to commute that is loads of fun. Both are manual. If you want something larger, try a Challenger. That's our other manual car, we have had it since 2010 with no issues (low miles on it though). The WRX is versatile, you can drive it in the snow and it gets around 30 mpg.

Tess has ruined me for another … car. She is a sleeker faster version of almost anything out there. Superb handling comfort and controls. Everything else just feels … less. I’m looking for an older car again , but really the only thing I sometimes miss is a good clutch.